Derriford Hospital Car Parking

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Derriford Hospital Car Parking.

Grumpy

#126 Parking Charges

2014-03-09 14:39

An inflation rise is reasonable, but more than double is profiting on people who have no choice but to stump up the cost if they want to work there, which amounts to a huge pay cut !!

2014-03-09 15:21

Absolutely outrageous!! Should have planned for this when you built the hospital there. It is bad enough that you charge the public let alone staff.

2014-03-09 18:47

I do not agree with the staff parking charges - us on lower wages paying and the higher payed people paying with there loose change!!!! Really not fair £600 a year per person!!!!!!!!!

#129 Re:

2014-03-09 19:30

#115: -

Even if you are a disabled badge holder, you are using te same facilities, if not better than everyone else.  There is a new car park being built for disabled badge holders which will be a lot better than any other carpark at derriford, with seating, lighting and a flat surface.  why should peole who can't use it, including the staff pay for it?  How is this any fairer?  sn't this discrimination toward abled bodied?

2014-03-09 19:45

Shocking perposal

2014-03-09 21:30

Staff should not have to pay for parking period! there put in long hours under stressful conditions and still manage to smile at some of the less thank present patients which grace there work place.

so many companies rely on the goodwill of there staff putting in that little bit extra to manage the day to day. this idea is not only insulting to the staff who work there, but is de-incentivevising. shame on you for even considering it, I say a resounding NO to this idea.

2014-03-10 03:30

punctuality is a professional curtesy, public transport makes this impossible. I would not be able to get to work on time on a sunday morning, and night duty would prove very difficult. I am not prepared to add an extra hour plus each side of my working day for public transport for the odd occasion when it would get me to work on time

2014-03-10 07:10

There's a difference between a hospital cutting costs and allowing a private parking company to essentially double their profits from a captive audience. The fact that this fee applies to staff is disgusting. The lack of public transport links to the hospital means that the car is the only way thar many staff can get to work. It remains a mystery to me that anyone wants to work at derriford at all.

2014-03-10 07:33

Appalling nonsense and its about time they stopped causing distressed staff this hassle. Do they eg management's highest levels on huge salaries pay pro rata? Also charging most disabled means you are DISCRIMINATING about conditions!!! Those, with cancer don't pay but those with NON TREATABLE DISEASE DO often attending numerous departments and can no longer afford their care!!!!!!

2014-03-10 08:26

It's a disgrace adding to more stress and worry for staff members, where is the care for the people who run the nhs!

2014-03-10 08:37

Nurses have not had a significant pay rise for over 5 years and we HAVE effectively had an increase in car parking charges. Night staff used to be able to park free but have had to pay to park at night since Vinci Parking took over. Some members of staff have also effectively had a pay cut. On our ward we have changed our shift patterns. Where we used to work a late shift to 21:15 we now work to 20:00. Extra duty payment for unsocial hours starts at 20:00 so we have lost 1 1/4 hrs extra duty payment every time we work a late shift. Of course we gain that on a night shift but most staff only work nights once a month. In any case doubling the amount we pay to park is just not on!

2014-03-10 08:40

A worthwhile petition. Sometimes you have to stand up and fight for what you believe.

2014-03-10 08:43

Once again staff are left to carry the cost of more contractual and financial ineptitude by the Trust...
Mrs gnome

#139 Re:

2014-03-10 08:49

#22: -

Totally agree, lower paid should mean lower take home pay not lowest paid grades.

2014-03-10 09:15

A wonderful example of how to lose staff and on how to make it difficult to recruit. Sheer genius!

2014-03-10 09:15

The hospital management are targeting both the patients and the staff for what is ultimately mistakes made by themselves in the past. I and other staff will start to think whether the management have our interests at heart and bad feeling within a workplace for the management never produces a happy and ultimately efficient workforce. We cannot sustain the lack of pay rises, increase in pension contributions and increase in carparking charges and will choose to work elsewhere (perhaps not even within the nhs!)
The patients should always come first and do. We all contribute a great deal to this trust, wouldn't it be nice to be appreciated and not penalised?

2014-03-10 09:33

I'm a blue badge holder and have a very low salary.
Honest Pete

#143 Employers NI

2014-03-10 09:43

The Trust are offering a salary sacrifice, paying the fees by way of a cut in pay. The Trust will then also benefit by the saving of Employers NI which is 13.8%. Presumably the Trust just pocket this.

2014-03-10 09:46

Whats the point in writing a comment as noone is ever going to listen to us!!!!!
Show me many other professions that don't clock out on time every shift they work or claim for the overtime they give each and every shift and then they get charged to do this!!! I wonder why nurses are leaving the profession!!!
Disgusting

2014-03-10 09:48

As a nurse working at derriford hospital and needing to use a car for child care, I think the current cost of car parking is enough! We do not get a pay increase to help towards the extra cost to park at work!

2014-03-10 09:48

I don't even believe patients and visitors should pay for hospital parking, still less staff. To double the existing charge is theft.
Demotivated, Disillusioned and Disgusted

#147 PARKING!!

2014-03-10 10:07

Basically again its a money making scheme to hit the people the Trust "value highly". An increase as per inflation would be acceptable providing wages went up accordingly! which isnt going to happen. I also feel people parking conveniently onsite should pay slightly more than those off site.
Charges based on banding is also ridiculous as costs to get to work are the same for everyone. People are paid for the responsibility they undertake daily,. This has nothing to do with parking.Generally in my area the higher grade you are the more extra unpaid time you give. If someone wants to pay me for this I would gladly pay more for parking!!
Trust Board needs to listen to staff as they alledgedly say they do. Morale in Derriford is again low in my experience and judging by the Plymouth Way session I attended. There is good work being done here do not undermine even more and damage this.

Also patients having to pay more is absolutely disgraceful. Lets hope the people making these decisions never get ill or fall on hard times!!!

2014-03-10 10:45

A new Trust value, 'listening and learning', should apply to interaction with staff as well. Disillusionment is rife in this hospital over the issue of staff parking.

2014-03-10 10:59

I am a near-by resident of the Hospital and this increase is going to impact on myself and my neighbours. As a result of Derriford's parking restrictions, our area is a massive car park for staff and visitors. Derriford's decision to increase charges will cause a severe increase in on street parking and harressment to local residents. As a result of the Hospital policy we are due to have yellow lines put down in our road. The council have to pay to regulate the hospitals decisions.

2014-03-10 11:18

Double the price is totally unjustified. Parking used to be free and you encouraged car sharing to cut down spaces used. I belive the proposal is for sharers to pay so this will stop the car-sharing. Parking used to be FREE. It is a lame excuse saying prices have not risen for 5 years. When caps come off Council Tax how many people would accept this DOUBLING???. Most NHS workers have not had a pay rise for 4 years. There also used to be some incentive in paying from wages. The proposed increase works out slightly dearer. All very well stating we pay for barrier control but how many times are there problems with the system,especially around Christmas when those of us who pay monthly were losing out .