Derriford Hospital Car Parking

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Derriford Hospital Car Parking.

Exhausted

2014-03-20 06:58

When will the trust learn that these issues really affect staff morale.
We are under constant 'review' and 'reorganasation' Many of us are now working in jobs we have been forced into because the job we applied for and have spent years gaining experience & expertise has been wiped away by the stroke if a pen. On top of that pension contributions are increasing each year and there has been a pay freeze for years. I don't think I have anything left to give. If I stay late to ensure care us maintained I now look to have my time in lieu repaid where as before I would gladly work unpaid overtime as I loved my job. Now I'm seeking treatment for my depression caused by stress by the way I have been treated during the 'redeployment' process at Derriford.

2014-03-20 10:47

this rise is unjust they say it has been frozen but so has our pay.lets see the same percentage wage rise as the price in car parking fees.parking is free in scotland wales and ireland so why do we have to pay ? and i want an answer

#203 parking fee

2014-03-21 09:09

It's not the fact that fees have to increase so much as the fact that it was more than doubled in one go that is so unreasonable. It should have been phased in.

2014-03-21 10:01

It is disgraceful the lengths staff have to go through to get to work...the general public would not believe it!!!

2014-03-21 10:30

I support this petition thank you and good luck.
A realist

#206 Utter chaos

2014-03-21 14:42

I think that a lot of people commenting on here, are ignoring the fact that everyone will have to reapply for their parking permits soon. With Bircham park & ride closing in June, and Car park E being handed back to the developer,there are going to be hundreds less parking spaces available, so less parking permits will be issued.
Plymouth city council have already told the trust that they would like more staff to use public transport, and there have already been rumours that PCC are planning to charge for parking at their Milehouse, George & Coypool park & ride sites. If you don't get issued with a parking permit then you will not have to pay the increased parking charges, but unless you are in a position to utilise public transport, then you may find great difficulty parking elsewhere as an awful lot of staff will be looking for any available free on-street parking within a 2 mile radius of the hospital.
Depressing for the staff,hellish for the local residents!

2014-03-24 16:23

so much for my pay rise 1% gone in aflash why should i pay for that new carpark ,dont i give enough ?

2014-03-25 08:35

such a large rise is unacceptable. our pay rise doesn't cover the extra cost. I live away from the hospital and the buses don't start running until 09:00 and don't attend derriford hospital. I start work at 07:15.

2014-03-25 10:59

£2.50 per day is only the first increase, £3.83 per day has already been mentioned.
I give it 12 months at the most before the trust attempts to increase charges again.

#210 Re:

2014-03-25 13:10

#207: -  

We haven't been given a pay rise, it is a 1% pay award payable only from 01.04.14 - 31.03.15.

And don't forget we'll have to contribute more to our pensions as of 01.04.14.

2014-03-31 20:27

Parking should be free for all staff at the hospital.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-07-08 21:17

Disgruntled

#213 Re: rip off carparking at Derriford.

2014-11-25 22:07

#157: -  

We used to have a private company in North Wales that were ripping off patients and employees in North Wales. Fortunately the Welsh Assembly came to their senses and insisted that the Welsh Hospitals should never ever pay car parking ever again. Something to be said for Wales.