Uphold Christian freedom or repeal 'woke' laws
We the undersigned petition the UK Government to rescind its policies promoting transgenderism and homosexuality and to secure freedom of speech and freedom from discrimination in employment and services for all who hold or publish traditional or Christian views which may not agree with 'woke' opinion.
In our mind are these recent cases:
(1) In July 2023, the suspension of Councillor King Lawal from the Conservative Party and his sacking from positions on local organisations for expressing the view that pride (as in LGBT ‘Pride’ marches) is a sin.
(2) Also in July 2023, the withdrawal of a job offer from Touchstone Support to social worker Felix Ngole after the Leeds-based agency, backed by LGBT lobby group Stonewall, claimed his 'strong views against homosexuality' did not align with its 'ethos and values'. This followed his victory in a Court of Appeal ruling in 2019 that he should be reinstated on his social worker training course at Sheffield University, which had also cancelled him.
(3) In June 2023, a senior British Army officer said he was forced to quit after being criticised for repeating that “men cannot be women”. A Facebook post Colonel Kelvin Wright shared without any additional comment stated: ‘If women cannot stand in a public place and say, ‘men cannot be women’, then we do not have women’s rights at all.’ An Army investigation decided expressing that view ran contrary to Ministry of Defence policy.
(4) In May 2023, a Christian teacher was banned from teaching in any sixth-form college or children’s home in England for what the Teaching Regulatory Authority decided was “misgendering” a pupil. Joshua Sutcliffe, 33, had merely addressed a girl as a girl.
(5) In February 2023 and again in May 2023, pro-life activist Isabel Vaughan-Spruce was arrested for silent prayer outside an abortion clinic in Birmingham.
We call on the Government to pass legislation to ensure freedom of speech and freedom of expression for those whose views do not accord with those of Stonewall and ‘woke’ opinion.
Or better still, that the Government repeal the woke legislation of the past sixty years which has led to this assault on the Christian faith.
I agree Christian Voice may contact me to further the aims of this petition.
And please remember to share and circulate this petition...
Stephen Green Contact the author of the petition
|Log in to manage your petition.|