Justice 4 Deafblind Guidedog Owner Molly Watt - age 17

Quoted post

Proud ex MHGS

2011-11-27 00:32

I think the school has been great allowing her to have the dog in the first place, however it is such a shame that all this boohoo will mean no pupil now or in the future will have a dog as this upset probably have turned the school against having guide dogs. The school has tried hard to listen to both sides, I think all this is a sickening campaign against the school who for many years have done a great education for many kids. Even if you get 1000 signs, I don't think the school should have Molly back as the campaign has done damage to the school.

Replies

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2011-11-27 09:22:50

#92 Re:

2011-11-27 09:39:51

#89: Proud ex MHGS -  

I think you should thank your lucky stars your child isn't blind then !! Clearly you don't understand what blindness means, let alone deafblindness - the school have a duty of care to both pupils....
Steve L.

#93 Re:

2011-11-27 17:02:35

I'm ex MHGS and not too shy to show my name. you are sadly mistaken, Unis is a working dog, not Molly's toy, how would you manage without hearing aids? No damage has been done to the school, maybe a certain individual's reputation. If Molly has any sense she won't go back as it is obvious she won't receive the help she needs. You are entitled to your opinion, shame it's mistaken.

#94 Re:

2011-11-27 17:04:33

you're not right in your head.  How has this boohoo done any "damage" to a school that doesn't operate under that law? This school has been hiding under narrow minded head who has more to learn that his pupils.

This "boohoo" will show the school for what it is and hopefully, with the support Molly will finish her education and continue being a beacon of inspiration to other young people

#95 Re:

2011-11-27 17:08:26

How dare you! What has this girl done that you feel you have the right to comment on, does she not deserve to be treated like a human being, does she not deserve the right to an education? Why are the parents of the child with allergies, which is the reason for this so called "boohoo" not providing the medical evidence that has been requested, answer that then please and if you feel you can then stand proud in your convictions and print your name and stop being such a coward to hide behind anonimity.

In response to not having a guide dog ever again, let them try it, there are legal processes which if enforced would mean they have to follow due process and bear the consequence

Loud and proud and not afraid to say it

Beth Gibson

Allergy sufferer and ex-teacher!

#96 Re:

2011-11-27 17:13:16

#98 Re:

2011-11-27 17:16:31

You think the school has been great in allowing her a guide dog?? Excuse me, its not a fluffy little lap dog that she uses as a fashion accessory!

I assume then that the school are 'Great' in allowing pupils both PAST and present to use Hearing aids!!!!!

Whilst I apprecaite that you are hearing impaired, believe me that is nothing compared to being Deafblind! PLease feel free to try getting from A to B with a blindfold on!

The school has a duty of care to ALL pupils, but in this particular case, it has been heavily weighted in the favour of the child with a dog allergy!

Anna

#99 Re: proud ex MHGS

2011-11-27 17:21:46

What sort of moron are you ?  A cowardly one obviously - IT IS BREAKING THE LAW to not allow a GDO full access!!!!! Would they also refuse to employ a teacher with a GD.............Anna Temple Just about to sign petition as there seems to be a lot of ignorance and MOLLY deserves all of the rights of a GDO

#100 Re:

2011-11-27 17:54:11

Molly never damaged the schools reputation, the school itself did that the day they had a go at molly for standing up for her rights as a human being. I actually think you had a wasted education, if you was educated at all before putting your comment on the petition, you would of checked out the discrimination act which clearly outlines that no school can discriminate against a child with disability, or the use of anything needed to help with mobility around the school, and that the school has to accomodate these needs.

So i believe in the future mary hare school might think twice about not letting a guide dog owners in, to think that disabled people suffer enough discrimination from people who don't or can't understand what their disability is, without having to suffer it at the hands of the people that are meant to support them through the most difficult times in their lives.

It's people like you who think that this school has done right by both parties in this, that will allow this sort of discrimination to carry on, i really do hope that you or any one you know will never suffer at the hands of discrimination, if you do please remember this remark that you left on the petition, that might stop you getting your soap box out and yelling about your rights as a disabled person.

I support Molly and her family all the way, Molly's mum has always been there for me in my darkest hour, when coming to terms with my own son being deafblind, this family hold the light for deafblind people that have been left out in the dark for far to long.

Katie

#101 Re:

2011-11-27 18:47:53

Oh dear oh dear what kind of morals, predudice and discrimination do they teach at MHS?

You say you are proud of their actions against Molly & her guide dog, Unis.

I suppose with that Headmaster, it isn't surprising

Molly and her Guide Dog have the legal right to have access to anywhere hospitals, restaurants, dentists & supermarkets in the whole UK apart from at MHS

Her Guide Dog acts as her eyes the same as her hearing aids help with her hearing ~ I presume that if you were a pupil at MHGS that you and your friends either had Hearing aids or some other help with hearing ~ so if I came along and told you all to remove the help, how would you feel and cope?

When the Head was showing a new prospective family around the school, he went to look for Molly and her Guide Dog to show them off to the new family and said how proud he was of this new addition to MHS he failed to mention to them that he acted illegally by discriminating against Molly & her Guide Dog

"allergy boy", in my opinion is not being truthful and until medical evidence is produced and a full explanation on how the school can allow teachers' dogs in and around the school to be walked and petted by him, my opinion and all those that have heard about this will not be changed.

MHS is completely wrong and illegal in their actions against Molly & her Guide Dog, Unis  

Nicola Mitchell

#103 Re:

2011-11-27 23:41:56

#89: Proud ex MHGS - The school only has itself to blame. People are not that stupid that they can't look at a situation and decide whose in the right and whose in the wrong. So please do not insult the 900+ people who signed this petition by your poorly educated comments.

Angry law student

#130 Re:

2011-12-04 02:28:51

'A sickening campaign'? Do you truely, and honestly, believe that Molly and her mother are wrong to be taking action against breaches of Molly's rights to aid? This 'boohoo' of which you speak has caused Molly and her family stress, frustration, and hardship, not to mention a severe impact on her education - again, another human right which, in this circumstance, has been breached. Obviously, I cannot deny the help that the school has given to children in the past; but this discrimination of which Molly is facing is completely unreasonable. Many other commentors on this petition have posed the argument that Molly having extremely limited access to her guide dog Unis is comparable to the deaf students at the school having restricted access to their hearing aids and equipment. As one can see, they are different in circumstance to a degree - however, the circumstances retain the same principle. Having this discrimination put upon Molly and her disability is outrageous, and the school's actions in discriminating against her - as well as the disgraceful conduct of some of the students attending the school currently - is completely atrocious.

The school cannot suffer as much 'damage' as Molly and her family have had to suffer. Your frankly absurd comments (not to mention completely biased towards the school in question) are entirely unjustified, and your last remark about how Molly should not return on the basis that 'the campaign has done damage to the school' is utterly shameful and unprincipled. In my opinion, to be a 'Proud ex MHGS' is 'sickening', not Molly's rightful campaign in securing justice. I know that a lot of people signing this petition will feel the same way as I do - I, for one, will not stand for unreasonable, unjustified, and unlawful discrimination against Molly or on a general level full-stop. The school should be ashamed of themselves for not adhering with the moral principles of the school's primary aim - to help those children and teenagers with severe or limiting disabilities to experience an equal education as those without disabilities. There is a duty of care and responsibility on those who run the school to provide this education, and in not doing so are breaching human rights and their legal obligations in providing indiscriminate aid and help.

Apologies for the long comment, but I feel strongly in helping Molly and her family with their cause. I wish you all the best in your campaign for justice - I will support you every step of the way.

#137 Re:

2011-12-09 03:45:21

I,m sadden to believe you think that school has done a favour to molly as she is deaf/blind....
to my knowlege the school status change from just being a deaf only school a few years back
as a measure against closure and in order to remain open.
n ow in doing so is require to cater for all level and mean of disabililty it accept through its doors
and reasonable adjustment does not come into it as the 2006 act clearly states .
Any damage being done to school reputation is there own doing not by molly or her parents or this
petition, to single out molly and her guide dog and remove any right s how ever long is wrong and
pure discrimination against molly and her guide dog .