Say no to stalybridge mosque

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Say no to stalybridge mosque.

2013-10-24 07:43

1689 REGISTERED mosques in the UK
So many more of these 'community centres' are there aswel ?
Slowly getting in every area and pushing non believers out!
When we visit Arabic countries we respect their rules. Covering shoulders no kissing etc!
Our country doesn't let men or women wear balaclavas in the street or hoods up in a shop.
Yet the same amount of skin is shown wearing a burka if not more ! We don't know that's not a man or woman !
Few years ago I was sexuality assaulted by 2 Asians leaving mosque as 2 more stood there laughing and watching I was 16 and it was broad day light !
And guess what ?? They got away with it as apparently I said F off u P*** B
For one I don't use half the words they used but it stood up and as racism is assault it was 2 assault charges apparently
Pathetic this country !
crusty

2013-10-24 09:22

There are only 165 Muslims in stalybridge does this warrant a mosque being built.
there are plenty of mosques already in the area of tameside for people to go to.
this will only add to the already congested traffic in this area adding to the safety of school children who frequently use this road to get to and from school, its obvious to me that the local community are totally against the building of this centre and will fight to the very end to stop it.

2013-10-24 09:34

i think there is enough mosque's in and around tameside as it is and i as a resident of stalybridge totally oppose this as it would cause numerous problems traffic wise as well as public feeling's which haven't been taken into consideration by the council who seem to have done a good job of covering things up instead of being upfront with the people of stalybridge .

2013-10-24 09:36

If this gets passed it's a matter of time till we have a actual mosque looking building in stalybridge

2013-10-24 09:38

Haha tesco have more staff than Muslims in stalybridge
Maybe we should build a tesco centre just for the staff

2013-10-24 09:48

Why do we need a mosque in stalybridge when there isn't that many Asians in the town, if it is allowed it will just end up like Oldham and Ashton with racial tensions at a high!

There are plenty of Islamic centres in Ashton just use those.

2013-10-24 09:55

This will be a very bad thing for are area for all different reasons

#208 Re:

2013-10-24 10:10

#199: -

you have just shown yourself to be uneducated in both racial intergration and politics.

#209 Re:

2013-10-24 11:08

#1: Kaidy koo -

what a joke as if the road isnt mad enough as it is

2013-10-24 11:11

If the individual who is promoting this mosque, having supposedly lived in the town for 20 years will be well aware, there is a perfectly adequate mosque not more than 10 mins drive away, on Katherine street Ashton under lyne.
This is neither WANTED or NEEDED.

#211 Re: Re:

2013-10-24 11:18

#163: - Re:

ISLAM is not a race or religion! it's a doctrine. WAKE UP

#212 Re: Re: Re:

2013-10-24 11:25

#211: - Re: Re:

Could you please explain this comment? It is clearly a religion and suggesting it isn't seems offensive?

2013-10-24 11:28

Big no to the mosque in Stalybridge !!!!!!

2013-10-24 11:48

Make them in your own country stop taking up our space!! We don't want stupid mosques plonked everywhere there's abit of space!!!

2013-10-24 11:58

Asking for trouble what a ridicules idea
Kt1992

#217 NO

2013-10-24 12:11

There are already a lot of racist conflict that leads to fighting all over Tameside this does not happen in stably bridge yet they want to build a mosque here. The council are just asking for trouble . Send them home don't give them more accommodation and facilities

2013-10-24 12:23

I am not being funny but from the looks of all these comments there's not much use for a library in 'stably bridge' as so many people obviously struggle with reading and writing. Illiterate hillbillies

#219 Send them home

2013-10-24 12:30

What a disgraceful comment ! Many of our Muslim cousins are 3rd and 4th generation and see GB as they should their rightful country of which they can rightly seek places of worship. We need to bring a mosque to Stalybridge ....educate and upset the status quo. What a bubble some people live in ! I dare you visit a mosque, introduce yourself to them many lovely Muslims we have the pleasure of sharing some of their cultural and spiritual knowledge. And as for house prices dropping ......really ? The data suggests not and Ashton has less unoccupied houses than many areas. I note with some interest that people shouting the odds about how many mosques there are have counted in the Indian temple of worship ?

2013-10-24 12:47

There is no need for a mosque in stalybridge for many reasons. For one I have friends who have children at the local schools near there and the traffic is already extremely busy, and something like this would only add to this. Secondly the streets off the main road are already dangerously busy with parked cars at such times and make it hard and dangerous to cross safely with children. Thirdly the town needs to be brought back to the vibrant town it once was, new shops, restaurants and places to go for families, not something that may cause trouble and disruption to the area. And lastly there are too many youths that have nothing to do in an evening or on a weekend, where this building could be used for a youth centre for these people to prevent trouble happening in a community. this might be a privately funded venture but i'm sure the community of stalybridge would club together if it meant something beneficial being built for the future generations of the town. And if people outside of Stalybridge but still in the Tameside area want to object to this they have the right to do so. It is not just people from Stalybridge that use these roads, people may travel to there to visit family, go shopping or just pass through there on their way to work.

#221 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2013-10-24 12:52

#212: - Re: Re: Re:

As i said, it's a doctrine, read the book, I HAVE

2013-10-24 13:11

why don't you all pool your money together and support your community? It seems that's what this gentleman has done and you're all giving him grief for it and saying he isnt welcome? He's just done what all you are saying this town needs.

#223 Re:

2013-10-24 15:03

#222: -

No one said we need a mosque, if he's so concerned about the town centre, open a shop, how about a butchers, but oh no that would have to be Halal, so we could all be sharia compliant.

Classy-Lady

#224 Another Mosque Not Needed!

2013-10-24 15:25

Stalybridge or anywhere else for that matter does not need any Mosques; we are overrun with them already in the whole of the United Kingdom.
Could we go to their country and ask a church to be built ........... No they would refuse just as we should refuse this and any other applications.

It is not fair to the people who appear to have no say as the very large one that was built in Ashton-Under-Lyne to replace a perfectly alright one anyway is now an eyesore for the whole of Tameside, plus it's not as if there wasn't a Mosque in Ashton-Under-Lyne already, we have more than one Mosque in Ashton-Under-Lyne, please stop allowing more as we do not need, want or desire them in any shape or form.

This is a Westernised country and we should do as the Australians do; if you can't adapt and integrate into our country just as it is being a Christian country then please don't bother coming.

That is a country to be proud of, so why can't our government do the same, ooh yes because we are in the EU!

2013-10-24 15:35

Don't need a mosque in stalybridge , there's a huge one just been built in Ashton , please no