Say no to stalybridge mosque

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Say no to stalybridge mosque.

#251 Re:

2013-10-24 19:36

#226: -

Can't say I know many people who drive to the pub....

2013-10-24 19:45

Not wanted in this town.

#253 Re: Re: Re:

2013-10-24 19:51

#249: - Re: Re:

A spelling mistake does not negate the point. You come in and make broad statements and presenting your opinion as fact. Atleast I have the presence of mind to read the proposal and consider both arguments equally.

This person has applied legally, been open with their intention and is funding this them self. Arguments against this focus on the fact that I'll advised people assume this means a mosque because it is in partnership with the Islamic society. It is not. Traffic issues because of lots of people attending this mosque but given the car park is for 20cars I believe, this does not warrant traffic concerns raised.

Arguments surrounding it not being fair Muslims get what they want are naive. If you want to achieve something with this building space then buy it. Contribute to the community you love. But do not criticise others for doing the same

If you are concerned regarding trouble in the area look at the current crime rates of Stalybridge. Drunks in the area are a widely acknowledged social issue, yet not one person protested the pub that stood there for years contributing to this.

Everyone's opinions are valid but please be aware the opinions you distribute can be damaging the community also

#254 Re: Re: Re:

2013-10-24 20:17

#249: - Re: Re:

Well said. I think that would be a better way to spend the money as well.

#255 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2013-10-24 20:18

#253: - Re: Re: Re:

What do you call a place where people go to pray to allah 5 times a day, A MOSQUE, therefore they did not apply legally, they used the usuall taqiyya to twist words to make it sound as if it is something it is not. they claim parking will be for 30 not 20 cars, i used to frequent the pub for over 20 years and never in that time saw any serious trouble.

But even in a derelict state without any new mosque the traffic in that area, particularly at school run time is horrendous, so what possible benefit can there be? they say it's to educate people about islam, i know enough thanks, as i posted earlier, i read the quran so iknow more than i ever want to, i don't need some nutter trying to peddle that rubbish in this town.

#256 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2013-10-24 20:26

#253: - Re: Re: Re:

Firstly, I do not recall saying "Muslims get what they want".  Secondly, are you naive enough to think because the car park holds 20 cars only 20 cars will visit at one time?  Secondly, you don't need a pub to get drunk, you need an off licence or supermarket and there are plenty of those about.  Thirdly, I cant afford to buy the building and yes I do think it is a shame that it stands empty and boarded up.  If it became a restaurant at least the traffic problems would not be added to during the day and school times.  Yes, Stalybridge does have its social problems that need addressing, but if this Mosque goes ahead then they will only be added to.  Also, please read the comments re donations towards this building.  Why are the Islamic Community of Longsight, Oldham and Ashton wanting this building so much?  They already have their own education centers in their own towns.

#257 Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

2013-10-24 20:27

2013-10-24 20:38

Dont want what i call an influx of ANTS in my town this is a white town and it should stay that way im a member of the bnp and proud

2013-10-24 20:39

There's enough in ashton
WHITE GIRL

2013-10-24 20:51

I've lived in Stalybridge all my life 40 years and its always been a predominantly white town and still is and ill be totally honest I want it to stay that way there are several mosque in Ashton Under Lyne. USE THEM WE DONT WANT ONE THEY ARE AN EYE SORE

2013-10-24 20:54

This should not be done!!
BAD BOY

2013-10-24 20:58

CRAZY WHAT NEXT A BLACK KING AND QUEEN THE WORLDS GONE MAD SHUT THE BORDERS DONT LET ANY MORE IN

2013-10-24 21:20

The hours this will be in use cannot be acceptable in a residential area and there is less than adequate parking for such a use.
bowphil

2013-10-24 21:53

As most of the comments state its not wanted and most certainly not needed and will undoubtedly lead to a load of unwanted trouble. who does this guy think he is to force his religion on anybody

2013-10-24 22:25

Unhappy residents, agree with petition about it being an unsutible location.
Also very underhanded the way it went through planning.
I assume that non of the planning commity live near to the Pineapple.
mr knights templar

2013-10-24 23:49

#27: Psh -

there are churches in the area because were a crhistian nation   i was born and lived in stalybridge all my life and still do and dont know of more than a dozen muslims in the town so why do they need a mosque ? theirs 2 massive 1,s in ashton and dozens of smaller 1,s around tameside so theirs no need for this 1 , people like you are always quick to jump on the race card everytime some one objects against anything black muslim or anything else that the british people want, to keep our own identity , as the muslims av already said its their goal to make britain an islamic state and have the flag of islam flying high above downing street within 20 yrs ,putting a mosque in every town in britain is a great start ,i fear for this country of what its becoming and its biggots like you that av helped its demize ,my grandad who fought in the war with other young men that died to stop this country being invaded  wud av welcomed the germans with open arms if they could see what this country as become , mass imigration and mass migration of its own people, the sooner a political party with bigger enough balls gets in power and says enough is enough the better and you my freind if you dont like it you can go liv in a muslim country with the rest of them

#267 Re:

2013-10-24 23:52

#38: -

fuck off over their with them then

2013-10-24 23:53

This is worrying for stalybridge,i know it well and having this mosque wil be used as a base for muslims from outside the town to groom non mulim girls and create unrest and hatred against the local community.tameside council wil just ignore all objections and push it thru.there are already plenty of mosques in ashton and one in hyde that can be used instead.in banja luka a serb city in bosnia,muslims there wanted to reopen the only mosque under supervision of un sfor what happened is local serbs toasted it to the foundation even set fire to the magic prayer rugs too and korans and then they let a pig parade over the remains of it.imagine that here! Of course it prob wont as we are seemingly powerless but that what we should have done long ago!

2013-10-25 04:45

TAKE NOTE - Tameside Council - take note of the last few comments, this has roused the good people of Stalybridge and you will be looking at RIOTS like from a few years ago in Oldham. We DO NOT want that or the MOSQUE listen to the Council Tax payers and reject.
Jake

#270 Why not?

2013-10-25 10:02

I'm sorry, but last time I checked there was 3/4 Christian churches in Stalybridge?
So why can't Muslims have the Equivalent and have a mosque?
Would there be a petition to have a church? no.
All you people saying you don't agree with it..
I don't agree with the Petition actually being made.

#271 Re: Why not?

2013-10-25 10:50

#270: Jake - Why not?

Bet u wouldnt want it next to your house you idiot

Jake

#272 Re: Re: Why not?

2013-10-25 11:05

#271: - Re: Why not?

Idiot? you clearly have no regard for people. Seem to me, to care only for yourself.
I live in stalybridge... Sooo is that close enough for you? If you know your places, Stalybridge is where the mosque SHOULD be built, and i LIVE there... so technically, its next to my house... IDIOT!
So when you "bet" me something, make sure you get your facts first... once again... idiot.
Can you give me 3 VALID reasons why there shouldnt be a mosque built in stalybridge?
probably not...

#273 Re: Re: Re: Why not?

2013-10-25 11:09

#272: Jake - Re: Re: Why not?

Im born and bred here its a white town and should stay that way there are mosques in ashton send them there they really are not wanted and i think i speak for the majority.

#274 Re: Re: Re: Why not?

2013-10-25 11:27

#272: Jake - Re: Re: Why not?

Here's one, i can find many many more.

,Koran sura 8:39
And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do. From the Muhsin Khan (otherwise known as the Hilali-Khan) translation.

Also

by, Abdul Rahman | h/t MKamal – No Compulsion

To the Infidel world:

I was born and raised as Muslim. My whole family is still Muslim. I know every genetic code of Muslim. I know Islamic brain. I live and breath with them. I am an insider. I left Islam when I understood that Islam is a sick and evil religion. Following are the Islamic message to the West.

To the infidels of the West:

Constitution for the new Islamic Republic of EU and USA is under construction.

We will fight the infidel to death.

Meanwhile American laws will protect us.

Democrats and Leftist will support us.

UN will legitimize us.

CAIR will incubate us.

ACLU will empower us.

Western Universities will educate us.

Mosques will shelter us

OPEC will finance us

Hollywood will love us.

Koffi Annan will pass politically correct sympathetic statement for Jihadists.

Our children will immigrate from Pakistan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Indonesia and even from India to the US and to the other Western countries. They will go to the West for education in full scholarship. America is paying and will continue to pay for our children’s educations and their upbringing in state funded Islamic schools.

We will use your welfare system. Our children will also send money home while they are preparing for Jihad.

Jake

#275 Re: Why not?

2013-10-25 11:32

#273: - Re: Re: Re: Why not?

Out of curiosity, you say your born and bred here?
How old are you?
Your only speaking for majority of people with shallow Views on religion. Thats the way it comes across, because when i just asked for 3 Good and valid reasons, you didnt come up any?