Save Orleans Riverside from Development

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Orleans Riverside from Development.

2014-08-16 18:46

This is currently a site of natural beauty in its river aspect and mature trees. It would be a crime to effectively destroy it.
Our daughter is 7 years old and goes to the area several times a week. The current environment has been responsible for her great current well being, fitness and development. She was distraught to learn of its potential demise.

2014-08-17 16:41

This is an act of vandalism. There are many other sites far better suited and who actually want the wretched boat.

2014-08-17 18:49

I am in my 60s. As a child I played in this area. My children played in this area. Is this to be denied to their children and grandchildren? This quiet residential bywater will be turned into a busy, noisy and probably grubby tourist area - without proper access or facilities. Sheer madness.

2014-08-18 14:23

Please do not destroy a beautiful part of the riverside when there are alternative and better suited options available. Please LBRuT, talk to Eel Pie island and Brentford etc. before making a big mistake.

2014-08-18 16:57

On cost alone this project is unnecessary, particularly since Brentford has offered to display the "Gloriana". The environmental impact of such a large structure is also to be objected to. What is the Richmond Council thinking of!

2014-08-19 09:56

This is a much-loved public riverside space and I'd hate to see it destroyed. There are surely many better places for the lovely Gloriana

2014-08-19 15:14

As well as ruining our lovely park, the cafe and playground would be very DARK in the mornings, due to the vast height of the  boathouse.

2014-08-20 07:15

I've seen the and implementation of will destroy an idyllic recreation and family area. The place for Gloriana is a place that can easily accommodate visitors. I suggest Hampton Court with its history of river travel between the palaces.

2014-08-20 08:46

It is the most beautiful and natural area of this part of London. Children love it , we love it, we can not imagine Twickenham with out this unique place!!! Every body who I know are shocked and don't believe in such thoughtless idea!!! It undermine the Council's authority!!!!! If they need they can fine another place with out destruction playground and trees and our children live stile.

2014-08-20 12:30

What a waste of public money for starters! Richmond Council clearly have money to burn on wasteful projects like this, but no money when it comes to bettering local services for the community. Are they lying to us about how much spare (or not) money they have in their coffers? The community needs must come first. Who cares what happens to Gloriana? It served it's purpose and should now be scrapped, instead of taking away a piece of parkland and trees that belong to the community not the council. This is outrageous behaviour on their part. This is what you get when you have councillors in power who have more money than sense, and in particular lack a sense of duty to the community they were elected to serve. They have no idea what others need or want in the community and clearly don't care.

2014-08-20 14:24

This small piece of natural land is an oasis for local residents, children and wildlife and is very much used by all who live and visit the area,it will be shocking to develop on this land. Access is limited and Orleans road will suffer. There are many places along the river where this development could take place that would benefit the local area as opposed to destroying a beautiful natural habitat.

2014-08-20 18:51

The council are unbelievable-this park is well used and well loved.

2014-08-20 23:29

I was born in Twickenham and I often played in Orleans Gardens.
It was very popular with children and I imagine it still is.
When I was young, Twickenham swimming pool was closed
and is now a wasteland and Richmond ice rink was closed and
turned into luxury flats. I hope the attempt to take yet another
public space away from the local people fails and Orleans Gardens
remains a place where children can play by the river.

2014-08-21 09:15

The Queen has more than enough already.

2014-08-21 10:35

i hope all the people of Twickenham remember this deceit we have had from this tory council regarding the Gloriana.at the next election

2014-08-22 23:27

We love our park , it is not right place for this boat!!!!! You can use free space on other site of the river!!!

2014-08-23 07:03

I have visited this lovely space with my daughter and grand daughter. It is an important place for parents and children to meet, play and share the park.

2014-08-23 08:11

The Gloriana Barge belongs in Brentford.

2014-08-23 11:19

We know this riverside park well - having accompanied our grandchildren to play there. We can't believe that anyone would want to take away this facility for the sake of making money. Who are these Lords who have no social conscience?

2014-08-24 10:28

This is a very special, unique place that would be destroyed by the council's proposals.

2014-08-24 12:00

This would greatly change this beautiful environment and we don't want it.

2014-08-24 16:55

Richmond Council, that so thoughtfully `saved` Jubi1ee Gardens on Twickenham Riverside, is now planning something quite obscene, deeply offensive to most of us who love the peace and natural beauty of Orleans Riverside. Please think again and please, reflecting on the Council compassion and sensitivity towards the people of Twickenham, as shown in the Jubilee Gardens campaign,step back,think again and withdraw. PLEASE!!!!!!!

2014-08-25 08:37

The hanger will ruin his beautiful stretch of riverside. An artists impression doesn't really tell people what it will be like. Another solution needs to be found.

2014-08-25 10:55

I cannot believe Richmond Council is seriously considering this possibility of ruining one of the most attractive parts of our borough.

2014-08-25 11:38

Remember this act of undemocratic vandalism next time you think about voting Conservative in LBRUT.