Save Orleans Riverside from Development

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Orleans Riverside from Development.

twickertweeter

2014-08-25 11:56

Gloriana? More like Deploriana. What kind of moron would agree to plonk a replica of a barge in place of an idylliic children's playgrund? Is there more to this than meets the eye? 

2014-08-25 12:10

Please do not ruin a beautiful green area and one of the few in the area for little children - there are few enough of them and I am sure that there is a much better area that the boat could be placed. Also the road to this proposed site was closed to through traffic a few years and this will be opened up again which is crazy! Also there is no public transport close by either so it will create even more traffic! It makes no sense at all. NO PLEASE!

2014-08-25 14:15

I object to the destruction of the play area and open green space to house the Gloriana. This is the wrong place for it. If we must have the Gloriana it should be moored in Richmond where there are no accessibility issues. I object to the destruction of a much loved play area that we brought our children and grandchildren to.

2014-08-25 14:40

The only unspoilt area on this side of the river is TOTALLY unsuitable for this damaging development. Beautiful trees will be felled, an unsuitable 'swing bridge' installed and a huge and ugly 'boathouse'.
Access is very limited, local residents love the peaceful area as it is.
You will also save £1m for worthwhile projects.
PLEASE abandon this ill-conceived theme park.

2014-08-25 15:47

Ridiculous idea- no!no!no!

2014-08-25 17:26

As a local who takes the ferry across from Ham I do not agree with these redevelopment plans - this area needs protecting not developing.

2014-08-26 09:10

Orleans Riverside is a beautiful area used and appreciated by many and not just the local residents. It is completely inappropriate to build this eyesore here both logistically and environmentally.There must be more suitable places that won't destroy an area of natural beauty.

2014-08-26 10:34

Save our green spaces!!!
Please spread the news- twitter, FB or any other means you can. Do it today.

2014-08-26 13:09

I am begging Richmond Council not to spoil the playground at Orleans Riverside. Every time I visit my granddaughter we go to play there and my elderly husband loves to walk nearby. The park is always full of children and their families.

2014-08-26 14:25

Please spend the money on Strathmore School instead!

2014-08-26 15:56

I think its an outrage!!!
This space is where I enjoy my work brakes and were I walk my friends dog.
It also holds a very important memory value for me so...lets stop the rich villains!!!

2014-08-26 18:35

The proposal for housing the folly Gloriana ( Thanks Prince Charles for causing the problem!! )
alternative sites eg Windsor Castle Hampton Court or other Regal sites would be more appropriate than a very loved childrens playground ( Municipal ) in Twickenham.

2014-08-27 09:19

Richmond has an active food bank, indicating much greater needs in the community. It has plenty of cafes on and off the river. No end of places to put visitors with or without a boat. Richmond has a bad record of developing and breaking its promises on community projects. This plan would be solely about the ego and vanity of the councillors and what legacy they want for themselves and nothing to do with the 'whole' local population.

2014-08-27 18:00

Although We admire the Gloriana I would always always choose a free open riverside over any form of development.. The ice rink was bad enough, not only housing, but gated housing so the land is lost for ever from the local people..

2014-08-28 09:16

Clearly the wrong location!

2014-08-28 09:18

I am desperate for Richmond Council to listen to electors on this.

2014-08-28 09:43

Ridiculous proposal. A complete waste of the tax payers money for an irrelevant REPLICA barge to be parked in a tranquil area of natural beauty that children have enjoyed for decades.

Much of my childhood was spent in this park and playground and now my children enjoy it too. We also love and support the small cafe that serves the playground area.

Terminate the proposal and leave everyone and everything alone please. Go waste our money on something else or better still, give it back to us if you can't think of anything better to do with it. We'd all enjoy a rebate!!

Nigel Mummery

2014-08-28 17:28

Don't ruin one of the most tranquil sites in Richmond

2014-08-29 09:39

This would be an outrageous, profligate act of vandalism against a beautiful riverside site, cherished by generations of children, parents and grandparents. A much more suitable site at Brentford actually has the support of the local people there.

2014-08-29 10:04

Surely alternative locations within easier reach of visiting tourists exist to provide a home for the Gloriana and the proposed development.
These ill-considered and inappropriate proposals are clearly opposed by both local residents and the wider public, requiring the total destruction of a popular riverside recreation area currently used by huge numbers of families/children. SAVE ORLEANS RIVERSIDE!

#271 Madness!

2014-08-29 10:33

...the actions of a deranged Council Planning team high on 'Gloriana Juice'

Contrarian

#272 Barges!

2014-08-29 18:36

The more barges the better! We have loads of trees already!

2014-08-29 21:58

Gloriana deserves a berth where tourists can easily visit her, and not where local families gather. Anyway, the view from Richmond Hill is protected by Act of Parliament, so any building development is limited.

2014-08-30 09:24

The proposal is to put a "replica" boat in the space of serene greenery and a children's playground?? I feel like I've missed something here. I grew up playing in that park and the green space surrounding it, and as an adult I enjoy many peaceful dog walks alongside the river. Can't believe that some faux boat is going to replace that.

2014-08-30 09:50

not against `The Gloriana`, but Orleans Riverside` is not the place for it; Hampton Court riverside would be an excellent and most fitting harbour.