North West Kent Lions

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition North West Kent Lions.

2014-07-02 16:53

I would suggest that the confusion in the name has started since the word 'ellenor' has been added.

#52 Lions Hospice

2014-07-02 20:40

I suggest that the Lions Hospice is rebranded as The Lions Hospice.

2014-07-03 06:19

Without the tireless efforts of the Lions Clubs in this part of Kent, Gravesham and the surrounding villages would never had a hospice. The clubs still raise and donate funds to keep the doors of the hospice open. Many of their members volunteer many hours at the hospice, their shops and fundraising events. Surely this deserves continued recognition. What is to be gained for the hospice to change its name? If the Lions Clubs decided to withdraw their support the hospice would lose many thousands of pounds in donations. Surely the Ellenor Lions Hospice management and trustees should be proud to keep the name which includes reference to the Lions Clubs who have made the very existence of the hospice possible.
Marti

#54 Lions Hospice

2014-07-03 08:45

Very disappointing to hear of the proposed name change, in life always remember where you came from. Shame on the trustees.......................

2014-07-03 17:47

The money for the Hospice was raised by the Lions with the help of local people and early in the life of the Hospice the Trustees accepted £50,000 from Lions International on the proviso that the Hospice remained known as The Lions Hospice. I was working for the Hospice at the time and present at the presentation of the cheque. To now drop Lions from the name would be a travesty and morally wrong.

2014-07-03 19:44

As a long term supporter and one time volunteer, I was disgusted to read in this week's News Shopper the proposal to drop "Lions" from the name of the Hospice organisation, I sincerely hope that the name continues as it is now, the only one who appears to be confused is the director of fundraising, perhaps she should consider her position.

2014-07-03 19:49

I hope those wanting to rename the hospice reconsider their decision, it's a real slap in the face for the many volunteers who freely gave up their time over the years to help raise the funds to finance the hospice.

2014-07-04 05:52

The Lions do a very good job. Helping people I thank all who help......

2014-07-04 05:53

Keep the name of The Lions Hospice....

2014-07-04 06:51

I hope this petition is successful in its aim, good luck.

2014-07-04 12:33

I was a nurse there when it was just Lions and it was lovely working there but not anymore. I feel strongly about it keeping the Lions name.

2014-07-06 09:39

I cannot understand why the name "Lions" needs to be dropped purely for a rebranding exercise. Do the trustees honestly think that word puts people off donating to keep the hospice going? If it wasn't for the vision of the Lions it wouldn't be there today. I wonder if any Lions are Trustees? Their thoughts need to be represented.
Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells

#63 Re:

2014-07-06 09:41

#55: -

That information is very important about the donation of £50,000 from Lions on condition that the name is retained in the title of the Hospice. Surely no one can over rule that?

2014-07-06 12:34

I have just learned today that the 'Lions' name is to be dropped from the Lions Ellenor Hospice. I am appalled about this situation.
My Father has been an active member of the Lions Club - since joining in 1978! He was an active member of the Lions Club that began the initial fund raising of the Lions Hospice - when they needed £1.5m! He participated in all fund raising from summer fetes, Christmas collections, raffle prizes (for which I was regularly asked to donate prizes - and was happy to do so!), sponsored walks, cycle rides and the list goes on!!
I am therefore appalled that all the work that his fellow Lions have put into this Hospice is to be removed from having their name removed from the 're-branding'. If this goes ahead, I will be removing ALL my charitable donations (including lottery money) as a protest to the Bureaucrats who do not realise how much time and effort has been given by all the Lions members to this very worthwhile charity! Can someone explain to me 'why are you removing' the name?! I will be writing to my MP about this and whoever else who will listen. I am not prepared to stand by and see some of the fantastic work that has gone into the fund raising for the Hospice be let go so easily!! Does the Trust not realise the passions that abound for the Lions Club!!

2014-07-06 14:11

They should leave "Lions" in the title. The Lions financed the construction and should get continued public recognition. If the hospice Management are worried that the public will assume that Lions supply all running costs too, they can explain the basics briefly in a couple of zippy sentences in their publicity materials. If they feel they cannot, then please contact me. I am an experienced drafter and would be happy to compose something for their consideration.

2014-07-06 21:54

The Lions raised the money. It is, and always will be the Lions Hospice to local people, whatever the trustees dictate.

2014-07-07 15:55

it would be a real shame and I fear it would have a negative impact on the hospice and its ability to raise the necessary funds

2014-07-08 08:03

I was appalled any way when it was rebranded Eleanor lions. The lions worked hard over the years. Now more upset the name lions will be dropped. Well I will not donate again if I cannot ser the name lions.they deserve recognition.

2014-07-08 08:23

Really dont see the point in changing the name. Imagine the amount of money to change headings, signs etc . As l believe it is a charity based hospice surely this money would be better spent on the patients, staff and upkeep that the money was raised for.

2014-07-08 08:33

The Lions name must be incorporated.

2014-07-08 08:36

Were it not for the Lions Club, this fantastic facility would not have been built. I think it is thoughtless to remove their name when they work so hard, volunteering, to continually raise finds for the Lions Hospice. Please reconsider.

2014-07-08 08:38

Without The local Lions there would be no Hospice. I for one am grateful that it is there for personal reasons. Please show respect for these eteranl fundraisers and keep the name as it is. Everbody locally recognises the name and it should stay as it is

#73 Re: Lions Hospice

2014-07-08 08:51

#52: - Lions Hospice

Tend to agree as l think most of us know it and refer to it as The Lions Hospice

2014-07-08 08:52

The hospice in Northfleet was built by the Lions and is still supported by the Lions. The name Lions must be kept or continuing support via Lions Clubs may dwindle away.

2014-07-08 09:08

The Lions were instrumental in setting up the Hospice and we support the Lions for this. I think it is vital that the name of the Lions is retained in the Hospice.