North West Kent Lions

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition North West Kent Lions.

2014-06-25 15:45

It was the local LIONS who got the Lions Hospice built in the first place for the people of North West Kent. How disrespectful of the current Trustees to now propose dropping the name.

2014-06-25 18:31

The Local Lions have spent 1000s oh hours work to support the Hospice and raised £1000s for it that why it's called the Lions hospice
Mike

#3 Re:

2014-06-26 16:26

#1: -

Couldn't agree more. The late PDG Les Rolf of Gravesend got this started and ended his life there. He and many others put hours into getting this up and running.

2014-06-27 09:11

You have my full support

2014-06-27 11:59

It should remain as it is as it has from the beginning. the lions have raised monies for this hospice and if it wasn't for them then the hospice wouldn't have the funding it has had.
Bonzo

2014-06-27 16:37

Without the Lions there would not be a Hospice!

2014-06-27 18:00

I appreciate that rebranding to revitalise this invaluable service to the people of NW KentI may be worthwhile in terms of publicity for the hospice and fundraising purposes, but I think that to remove the name "lions", the very people who greatly enabled the building of the hospice is absolutely outrageous, discourteous and a real insult to those men and women who worked so hard to provide the hospice. PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED WITH THIS IDEA OF REMOVING THE WORD LIONS FROM ANYTHING.

2014-06-28 09:59

The Lions do a fantastic job of fundraising for various causes , it seems a shame that it could lose being connected to the Ellenor Hospice which provides a valuable service for the community as a whole ,

2014-06-28 10:16

The Lions first ever raised the money for the building 30 odd years ago and have had a long close relationship with the Hospice. I feel that dropping the Lions name from the Hospice is very underhanded considering the Lions members give their time to raise money for the Hospice by putting on different events and working in the Charity Shop. This may only be 1% of the Hospice income but I am sure they would find a big difference should the Lions withdraw their support. This is disgraceful and morally wrong.

2014-06-28 11:08

Feel Lions have been slapped in the face

2014-06-28 12:00

The silent majority are always ignored!
Snowball

2014-06-28 19:13

I am a Lions member and like all of the Lions of North West Kent have worked tirelessly to support the hospice for many years, we have all gone that extra mile in all weathers trying to raise funds, and for them to feel the need to drop our name when we have all been involved since it's conception I think is disgusting and discourteous.I would describe it as a kick in the teeth.

2014-06-28 20:30

Keep the name.

Best of luck,

Jeff.

2014-06-28 22:19

The trustees should use hard raised funds for better purposes than for new stationery and new advertising. Shame on them for treating Lions this way.

#15 Re:

2014-06-29 06:19

#8: - It's the Lions Hospice, not the Ellenor Hospice.

Moggs

2014-06-29 07:58

Without the tireless efforts of the Lions Clubs in this part of Kent, Gravesham and the surrounding villages would never had a hospice. The clubs still raise and donate funds to keep the doors of the hospice open. Many of their members volunteer many hours at the hospice, their shops and fundraising events. Surely this deserves continued recognition. What is to be gained for the hospice to change its name? If the Lions Clubs decided to withdraw their support the hospice would lose many thousands of pounds in donations. Surely the EllenorLions Hospice management and trustees should be proud to keep the name which includes reference to the Lions Clubs who have made the very existence of the hospice possible.
Spookie 121

#17 Re: Re: lions hospice

2014-06-29 08:48

#15: - Re:  

I could not agree more

2014-06-29 10:00

There is no honour, merit or reason to change history. The lions are a fundamental part of the hospice and should remain so. Ellenor seems to continue to have an issue with this - get over it!

2014-06-29 11:07

I don't understand their thinking. It's not as though you are a profit making commercial organisation. Why change for the sake of change? Nothing's broken, so why fix it?

2014-06-29 14:41

I find it hard to believe that the Ellenor have the nerve to mount a take over bid for the Lions Hospice. It was the Lions who had the inspiration and the commitment to raise well over £1m to build and commission it in the first place. Not only did they have the determination to build it, but they have maintained an active interest in it and have helped make it very well respected throughout all of the South East.

2014-06-29 17:15

The four local lions clubs were instrumental in getting the Lions Hospice and building set up. They should not be disregarded in any way.If the name of the Lions disappears it shows a distinct lack of respect for the work they have done and continue to do in support of the Hospice.

2014-06-29 19:04

For many years I have seen what the Lions have done for The Hospice by supporting my partner who is a Lions member.They all work tirelessly, are all dedicated and so proud to support it in every possible way that they can. After all thier efforts,to see The Ellenor hijack the hospice and erase the Lions connection is dispicable and my feelings are, if they don't want the Lions name then they don't want thier money.

2014-06-29 19:56

Without the efforts of the Lions - there would be no hospice. It's as simple as that.
Appalled

#24 Lions Hospice

2014-06-29 23:27

The Lions are an international organisation know all over the world. Why would you want to lose that association? I cannot see how it can possibly benefit the organisation to have a name change and sounds like a total waste of money.
It's a real kick in the teeth to all the Lions who have raised money for the Lions Hospice over the last 30 years.
The important thing here is the care that the Lions Hospice offers and stupid ideas like this should not be allowed to happen and detract from that work.

2014-06-30 05:07

After 26 years as a Dartford Lion most of it spent supporting OUR HOSPICE how can we be in this situation where some-one else wants to remove OUR NAME. Has the world gone completely mad. ?????