North West Kent Lions

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition North West Kent Lions.

2014-06-30 06:45

please don't remove the "lions" from the hospice. We love our hospice and are devoted & committed to it.

2014-06-30 08:58

I think management of present EllenorLions Hospice are very shortsighted that is not realising that Lions in Kent and adjoining towns work so hard to raise funds for the Hospice and get their friend involved.

2014-06-30 09:49

A strange decision! "Lions" is a great brand name. Even after several years as the "EllenorLions", many people still refer to the Hospice as the "Lions Hospice".

2014-06-30 09:51

So sad to see this proposal. The local Lions Clubs members made great sacrifices to build such a wonderful hospice without which the local community would be disadvantaged. The 'Ellenorlions' brand is only 5/6 years old. Surely this so called 'confusion'over names as reported in the Press is in part due to the charity rebranding in the first place and then trying to fundraise under this new name and that of CHyps. The confusion is self made from within the charity. A further change of name will only add to this confusion. Rebranding cost money and surely the money would be better spent on patient care and facilities. Is this rebranding for the sake of rebranding and will a new name add to the service?

2014-06-30 10:35

I think its totally thoughtless and disgusting that the elleanor trustees have no consideration of all the IMMENSE hard work that was put in to raise money for the hospice. I certainly wont be helping them again if this is their attitude and I'm sure others will feel the same

2014-06-30 11:46

Re-branding is a costly business - far better to spend the money on patient care.

2014-06-30 13:54

Lions name must be kept as they were the catalyst which enabled funds to be raised and hospice to be built.

2014-06-30 15:26

Whilst I can accept that organisations merge for better efficiency I cannot understand why this charitable organisation should lose the founding name of Lions and all the costs of rebranding when the money should be spent on what it was meant for. If the name change goes through I will stop my lottery contributions and cease all support.

2014-06-30 17:19

lion deserves to stay after all it was the lions club that started raising money for this wirthy course.

2014-06-30 17:32

My wife was a volunteer for Ellenor Lions and proud to wear the Lions badge, she sadly passed away due to cancer in 2010, a "guest" at the Northfleet Hospice. Another name change, with all the cost's of re-branding, will be seen as an insult to her and many others who have tirelessly support the Lions group of projects and charities.

2014-06-30 17:44

The Hospice would not have been here without the lions, and i don't believe the people wanting these changes know how much time, commitment,sacrifice and hard work in getting and keeping this hospice running and not forgetting ALL BY VOLUNTEERS NOT PAYED OR SEEKING GLORY.

2014-06-30 17:45

I fully endorse the need to continue to include the name "Lions" in any future re-naming of the EllenorLions Hospices. The Lions took on the massive fundraising task to build the first hospice, and continue their sterling work tirelessely raising funds to keep the movement going. Their massive input deserves recognition permanently.

2014-06-30 17:50

I don't want the hospice re-named as most people I know refer to it as the Lions Hospice.

2014-06-30 20:53

As a local business, having sponsored and supported the Lions of North West Kent Lions with all the fantastic work they do - in my clients and my own eyes, the cause, the volunteers and the institution are inextricably linked - its an insult to that history and very short sighted to severe such a link.
henry

#40 Re:

2014-06-30 20:57

#39: - I agree whole heartedly

2014-07-01 05:15

I well remember supporting the Lions, all those years ago, when they began this mammoth fund-raising task. Just one Question ....why change it? Branding it EllenorLions was ok, but this is unbelievable.

2014-07-01 09:24

How dare they! The Lions have been there from the beginning and their name should remain as a reminder of all they have done

2014-07-01 11:21

The word lions must appear on the new logo
Malc

2014-07-01 12:39

I agree that changing the name at all is a waste of money. Alienating Lions Clubs who have raised and will continue to raise large sums of money for the Hospice will have a further negative effect on finances.

2014-07-01 18:10

I'm glad this petition has come up. The Lions did a great job of raising money to build the hospice in the first place. The title of Lions hospice shouldn't be dropped.

2014-07-01 20:18

I have always felt that THE LIONS HOSPICE SHOULD HAVE COME BEFORE Ellenor, particularly as it was 5 LOCAL LIONS CLUBS, WHICH RAISED THE MONEY TO HAVE IT BUILT IN THE FIRST PLACE. THE LIONS HOSPICE IN COLDHARBOUR ROAD, NORTHFLEET, KENT. WAS THE ONLY LIONS HOSPICE IN THE WORLD, BUT IT HAS ALREADY LOST SOME OF ITS RECOGNITION SINCE THE Ellenor put its name before THE LIONS.
I STRONGLY OBJECT TO THE LIONS BEING DROPPED FROM THE NAME, AND IN MY OPINION. THE LIONS SHOULD BE BEFORE ELLENOR.
HAVING BEEN A PAST PRESIDENT OF ONE OF THE LOCAL LIONS CLUB WHICH RAISED THE MONEY, I WAS VERY DISSAPPOINTED THAT THE MEMBERS WERE NOT GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY AND ASKED WHAT THEY FELT OF THE MERGER WITH ELLENOR IN THE FIRST PLACE.

2014-07-01 20:39

The Lions have worked so hard for this project and continue to do so for its upkeep, to take their name from the title is nothing less than a major injustice.

2014-07-01 20:52

It's disappointing that this potential change is taking place as undoubtedly it is taking the focus off all the good work the ELLENORLIONS hospice carries out.
OwlDesignsUnltd

#49 SAVE LIONS name as part of Hospice branding.

2014-07-02 06:31

First I was a visitor to a friend at the hospice, before the 'Ellenor name was added!
Then I became a patient in Day therapy  myself, around the time the Ellernor name was added.
Throughout my time as a DTP I fundraised as much as I could throughselling  my cards and later paintings and other things. Now I am a volunteer and still work on raising as much money as I can BUT in all that time LIONS was the most important part of the Founding of this wonderful organisation. I cannot believe that they are trying to remove LIONS from the name. It is the whole reason the hospice is here. Withouth Lions they could not have raised the money needed to build the whole thing, including the chYps service. DO NOT DROP the LIONS name whatever other changes are made.
Thanks

2014-07-02 09:18

for an organisation that puts care and compassion at the top of its list and values this name change to me shows none of that to all the hard work done by those at the lions club, no one wins from this name change.