North West Kent Lions

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition North West Kent Lions.

2014-07-26 10:51

The Rotary Club of the North Downs , have over the years contributed to the "Ellenor Lions Hospice"
and as the Lions Built the Hospice it should Carry the Lions Name in forever, good work !
Mike

#127 Re: Thank you for your support and your comments

2014-07-27 09:36

2014-07-28 08:06

Hit the management in their pockets and withdraw support for the lottery. I will be doing this if the name change goes ahead anyway.

2014-07-28 13:28

I strongly agree Lions should not be dropped from the company name. Being a local person and having worked for a Funeral Directors for many years I have on numerous occasions had a lot of contact. The Lions worked extremely hard to set up this project so why put the on a redundnacy list?

Rita Shaw

2014-07-28 17:24

Lions Clubs help many charities and have done a lot
for this home. The inclusion of their name gives
credit for this and will ensure assistance for the
future

2014-08-01 14:57

As a large number of Lions Clubs in District 105SE supported the building of the Hospice, it really would be most unfortunate if the reference to Lions was dropped. Continuing to use the name of the Lions will give incentive to clubs to continue with such support.

2014-08-13 16:24

The name Lions MUST not be allowed to be removed from ther name of this Hospice.
Linda

2014-08-14 22:49

As a child growing up I was very aware of all of the hard work,time & dedication that my father,the members of his Lions Club & other Lions Clubs in other areas gave to help fundraise for the originally named Lions Hospice.Also,unfortunately my mother in law spent her last few days at the Hospice,I would not have known that we could get help if it was not for my father who obviously knows a lot more about what services the Hospice provides.I feel it is wrong to eliminate the 'Lions' from the title of the Hospice as it is an insult to every member of every club who has fundraised for this cause.

2014-09-13 13:36

The hospice would not even be in existence if it were not for the Lions and this fact is well known in the local community. This should never be forgotten and it is therefore imperative that the name "Lions" remains.