North West Kent Lions

/ #64

2014-07-06 12:34

I have just learned today that the 'Lions' name is to be dropped from the Lions Ellenor Hospice. I am appalled about this situation.
My Father has been an active member of the Lions Club - since joining in 1978! He was an active member of the Lions Club that began the initial fund raising of the Lions Hospice - when they needed £1.5m! He participated in all fund raising from summer fetes, Christmas collections, raffle prizes (for which I was regularly asked to donate prizes - and was happy to do so!), sponsored walks, cycle rides and the list goes on!!
I am therefore appalled that all the work that his fellow Lions have put into this Hospice is to be removed from having their name removed from the 're-branding'. If this goes ahead, I will be removing ALL my charitable donations (including lottery money) as a protest to the Bureaucrats who do not realise how much time and effort has been given by all the Lions members to this very worthwhile charity! Can someone explain to me 'why are you removing' the name?! I will be writing to my MP about this and whoever else who will listen. I am not prepared to stand by and see some of the fantastic work that has gone into the fund raising for the Hospice be let go so easily!! Does the Trust not realise the passions that abound for the Lions Club!!