Save Longridge

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Longridge.

2014-03-18 12:08

This is MY JOB that is at risk who will pay my mortgage and bills and take care of my family, not the BUILDERS OR COUNCILLORS

2014-03-30 10:34

The proposal to build this ridiculously vast number of houses will completely change the character & spirit of longridge. I have grave concerns at the volume of traffic that will result. I have concerns for my children's safety & it would make me consider moving out of this great town.

2014-04-02 11:49

Does anyone consider the additional impact of bordering developments such as the Ridings site, Whittingham park etc

2014-04-06 17:18

It is ridiculous to even think about building more housing estates in Longridge,let alone going ahead with these ill thought out schemes just to satisfy the financial gains of some greedy property developers we don't need any more the village/town is already bursting at the seams as it is,go away you sharks!

2014-04-08 18:37

There are enough homes in longridge, it will soon become a city with the amount of new housing being built. No one is thinking about the extra amenities needed for more housing such as more doctors surgeries, dental surgeries, bus services and shops etc. Enough traffic/cars come through longridge already. There are plenty of houses for sale here already - there is no demand for new housing.

2014-04-09 06:20

Don't think Longridge needs much more housing.

2014-04-09 16:31

Needs to be a demo at Ribble Valley Headquarters in the first instance with maximum support from local people. Also, a petition is a good start, but its only an indicator of feeling. Local councillours need to be armed with your letters so they can have have proper evidence of our concerns !

2014-04-09 17:52

I love my home town the way it is. If they build more houses what about the extra school places and the extra traffic? The roads around here are busy enough without extra traffic from more residents commuting to and from work every day

2014-04-09 18:07

Save Longridge x
Born in Longridge

#85 Overdevelopment

2014-04-09 19:27

There are so many factors against further development and only few in favour . The overall population of the north west per the last census fell from 2001 , the government is looking to increase housing stock by 10% but the existing developments + applications for Longridge seem to want to increase it by 33% - 50% + . I can see no logic in that however its better for developers to develop in a location like Longridge .

The central questions of -
- Schools
- Utilities
- Transport and congestion
- Healthcare
- Parking
- Genuine Longridge Housing needs
etc. have not been answered by the developers because there are no proper answers .

They can quote statistics , surveys etc but we all know in Longridge what the effects will be and we should also realise that many property values will fall as a result of these developments . I dont really see much for young people who are first time buyers or for elderly people wanting their own home . I dont see any apartments of flats its just the modern house with 3 bedrooms and the box ticking of garden , garage etc.

I have just received a document from Taylor Wimpey and their planned Dilworth Development , there are 240 properties planned . With an average of 2-3 people a home thats an extra 480 - 720 people needing local medical services , schools , water , using the roads etc. The route to Preston in the morning is already too busy and will be made worse by the continued development of J31A and those going to work there . If you add the present developments and plaanned developments the population of Longridge will balloon .

If Longridge is developed further then most of Derby Road , Berry Lane , Inglewhite Road and Whittingham Road will have to have double yellow lines to cope with the flow of traffic .

If there is further development in Longridge then the I will not vote for another conservative councillor so long as i live in Longridge because when they was needed to fight for something the community cares about , they would have been found wanting .
nicky

#86 save longridge

2014-04-09 20:09

The developers are only interested in lining their pockets they are not interested what the local people say. Can our Councillors, (the ones that are not in agreement with the proposals) do anything.? If they manage to stop or reduce the development proposals, they will be overridden by the government, who want to cover this green and pleasant land in concrete.

This post has been removed by the site administrator (Show details)

2014-04-10 01:47

2014-04-11 11:37

The development as planned by the builders is out of all proportion to Longridge's housing needs and the existing infrastructure, much of which is already overstretched (eg the roads within Longridge and out to Preston). They are in it purely for profit to themselves.

2014-04-11 11:44

we already have a city in preston. Do we want another built up area - longridge.? no we don't
Babs

#90 Save Longridge

2014-04-11 13:37

I am a Longridge lass. I have a two year old daughter and seeing all of the over development in Longridge I am worried that my daughter is not going to be able to go to her local school. I have lived in Longridge all my life and so to have my great, great grandparents. I was very lucky to purchase my grandparents old home on the Monk's estate. If I was to start out again as a first time buyer I do not think I could afford a house in Longridge. I also commute to work and over the last 10 years have seen a dramatic increase in the volumn of traffic at both Grimsargh and Broughton. These new developments have to stop now!!!
a Guest

2014-04-12 13:37

The term "green belt" means a buffer to urbanisation!!! It is unthinkable to consider covering the green fields around Dilworth Lane with concrete it has already been marred with the Rowland development.It wont be long before a by pass round Longridge will be needed with all the extra traffic. These developments need to be stopped NOW!!!!

2014-04-12 17:50

The developers are NOT interested in the chaos they will create all they see are £££££ then they will walk away laughing all the way to the bank and sod everybody else.
They are trying to con. the planners and the public by building just below the threshold where they have to provide services for the community, then applying again. KEEP them OUT.

2014-04-12 19:13

The schools and doctors are struggling to cope already with the influx of new houses in Longridge and Whittingham who use our services.
No thouught seems to have been given to Sewage or drainage nor Road Traffic problems which will be created.

2014-04-14 09:53

I have lived in longridge all my life,(44years), its a beautiful place,but I've noticed a lot more development happening over the past few years.New houses are always needed but where does is it end? Developers would build on any and every square inch they can, they're only interested in profits,they don't care about local people or ruining our countryside even though they might pretend to!!!!! The local utility infrastructure can only cope with so many houses ,also there is far too much traffic running through longridge as it is,longridge does not need more development, there are plenty of brown field sites available for building elsewhere,why keep ruining our local countryside ,it is something to be valued, and kept for us and future generations to enjoy,not flattened with bulldozers and built on!!

2014-04-14 13:36

Services are even now getting overloaded without Taylor Wimpey's and others imputting so many more houses

2014-04-14 14:46

Longridge doesn't need more houses , our schools are full our roads are congested and the drains can't cope, it's time Longridge stood up and fight.
G

2014-04-14 18:43

They've destroyed most of the areas round Preston - new motorways, new bypasses, 10,000's new houses. Don't let them destroy Longridge too!
G

2014-04-14 18:50

What about a new garden city in the Cotswolds, or at Normanby Hall, or Sutton Park, or Chequers?

#99 Save longridge!

2014-04-14 21:57

Longridge is a great place to live but the infrastructure struggles to cope as it is. What will it be like with hundreds more houses and hundreds more cars? How long will it take to get through Grimsargh in rush hour when Longridge has 600+ more houses and so 1,200 more cars.....

2014-04-15 17:51

There are plenty of BROWN FIELD sites that need to be re-developed in the Longridge district before we even consider paving over our beautiful surrounding GREEN BELT lands and areas of outstanding natural beauty!!!!!