Save Longridge

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Longridge.

2014-06-15 11:24

Do we want premium priced housing with little opportunity for young ones to step on the housing market? Where is the long term employment facilities or additional services in any planning?
Longridge has to resist or become a city suburb

2014-06-15 14:07

I'm fed up with the traffic as it is, never mind if all these houses get built and I would really like to be able to get to see a doctor reasonably quickly not wait six months because of the queues of new residents!

2014-06-27 16:22

I know Longridge very well and am happy to lend my support to try and stop this development spoiling it. For what? Lining someone's pocket ?

2014-07-03 06:59

Stop Longridge from being over developed by large housing developements

#130 Re:

2014-07-09 20:16

Fully agree -- our roads simply couldn't cope with the amount of extra traffic generated by such over building ...

2014-07-14 07:23

Signing this petition with the hope that it wiill increase the amount of support to readdress the unreasonable demands being put on the town of Longridge, the unfair amount of housing development stretching our resources to breaking point!

2014-07-14 18:12

Longridge public services cannot sustain an increase in residents that even more houses will bring.On the plans the houses look attractive but with no extra school places, no extra G.P. surgeries, to cater for the new-comers how can this be sustainable? Longridge is already a poor relation in terms of facilities in the town.No public tennis courts, no swimming pool for example. It's ironic that many years ago an offer was made by a builder wishing to build on the land where Cromwell Fields now stands. If I remember correctly, in return for planning permission he would build a swimming pool !

2014-07-15 16:41

Stop these planning proposals our town would not cope with these large developments.

2014-07-15 19:19

biggest con so far whittingham road !!! passing plans for recreational and swimming pool then two weeks later dump that for more houses , dodgy

2014-07-16 06:47

We will have to change the name of our Ribble Valley to town valley because that is what it is becoming , just housing developments

2014-07-17 18:29

Property developers cashing in on huge profits at the expence of peoples' lives and quality of life. They will move out as soon as the work is done and leave us all with the mess they have created...disgraceful behaviour!!!!

2014-08-11 18:39

This application is aagainst the council's own policies, being zoned G5, no development and is clearly not H20 development, the only exceptions allowe din G5 zones.

2014-08-12 18:47

We have heard one objection after another put forward by concerned residents of Longridge - to give a few examples: the already full-to-bursting schools and doctor's surgeries, the roads being too narrow to accomodate even more traffic, the thousands of extra gallons of sewage being impossible for the present system to cope with - All answered by the developers by their pledges to include more schools/surgeries/widening the roads/installing new water-treatment plants (only promises, thus far) BUT...and this is something that they CANNOT answer - All the extra cars driven by people visiting the various shops on Berry Lane will NOT park their cars in the car park, and walk a few hundred yards to get what they want! NO! They will park OUTSIDE the shop ..because it's easier. I myself already seem to have lost what was once a parking space outside my house, through people parking as near as they can to whatever shop or fast-food establishment they are briefly visiting. An empty space is near impossible to find when I come home from work. So what do I do? Where do I park MY car?!! And I LIVE HERE!!

This post has been removed by the site administrator (Show details)

2014-10-19 10:39

2015-03-07 18:04

As someone who has previously lived in Longridge, I find it hard to comprehend that anyone would want to ruin the natural beauty of the town, for selfish greed or otherwise.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-03-07 18:07

bob

2015-04-26 10:30

Bunch of idiots, most of you live in New homes anyway. Ask the local pub and shop owners if they want more houses. Damn right they do