Save Longridge

Born in Longridge

/ #85 Overdevelopment

2014-04-09 19:27

There are so many factors against further development and only few in favour . The overall population of the north west per the last census fell from 2001 , the government is looking to increase housing stock by 10% but the existing developments + applications for Longridge seem to want to increase it by 33% - 50% + . I can see no logic in that however its better for developers to develop in a location like Longridge .

The central questions of -
- Schools
- Utilities
- Transport and congestion
- Healthcare
- Parking
- Genuine Longridge Housing needs
etc. have not been answered by the developers because there are no proper answers .

They can quote statistics , surveys etc but we all know in Longridge what the effects will be and we should also realise that many property values will fall as a result of these developments . I dont really see much for young people who are first time buyers or for elderly people wanting their own home . I dont see any apartments of flats its just the modern house with 3 bedrooms and the box ticking of garden , garage etc.

I have just received a document from Taylor Wimpey and their planned Dilworth Development , there are 240 properties planned . With an average of 2-3 people a home thats an extra 480 - 720 people needing local medical services , schools , water , using the roads etc. The route to Preston in the morning is already too busy and will be made worse by the continued development of J31A and those going to work there . If you add the present developments and plaanned developments the population of Longridge will balloon .

If Longridge is developed further then most of Derby Road , Berry Lane , Inglewhite Road and Whittingham Road will have to have double yellow lines to cope with the flow of traffic .

If there is further development in Longridge then the I will not vote for another conservative councillor so long as i live in Longridge because when they was needed to fight for something the community cares about , they would have been found wanting .