Save Your Local Business Support

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Your Local Business Support.

Ian Viner

#1 Harrow in Business

2011-02-22 21:02

Please sign the petition and stop the closure of this very worthwhile organisation
JOY CHANCE

#2 SAVE OUR LOCAL BUSSINESS SUPPORT

2011-02-23 06:20

To Whom It May Concern

Up until March 2009 I was employed in the construction industry then made redundant due to the crash. Unfortunately I was also signed of sick by my GP and unable to sign on.

Since then I have been struggling to overcome my illness and in an attempt to get back into employment became a volunteer within skills training provider business where I found an opportunity to support and motivate unemployed people like myself into sustainable employment. All this at a time when our country is experiencing the worse recession since the 70's.

As a motivation consultant I found focus, direction and success and more importantly a need for my service within the community. With the support of Harrow in Business's various business courses and advisory services/ support decided to become self employed.

I have a vision for myself and my new vocation, as well as determination and passion to create a standard living without the aid of government handouts. However because of lack of funds to support my social enterprise I am struggling to support and get my business off the ground.

During my time working within my community Harrow I have met and worked with many 18 -24 year olds and 25+s' who are desperate to find employment but also in need pastoral care of the kind I can offer.

But without funds and the support of such agencies as Harrow in Business, people like me are doomed to fail and therefore continue to be a drain on society because the help is no longer available. The Government are in danger of cutting off their noses to spite their initiatives.

Please think before we sink!

Regards

Joy Chance

Chandreyi Saha

#3 cut funding to Harrow in Business (HiB) from April 2011

2011-02-23 12:53

I hereby do support HIB the locally operating business support organisation providing business training to new young and micro businesses helping them acting more independently and with sound business knowledge.
Amar Deo

#4 Why kill the spirit of enterprise?

2011-02-23 13:09

I would like the government to support businesses and encourage people to be self made, not kill every organisation that supports and helps people get into business - and more importantly, guide them to succeed! I pledge my support to the HIB and hope others will too.
Monica Lowenberg

#5 Do not cut funding for HIB

2011-02-23 15:05

As a small business owner HIB has been an invaluable lifeline in helping me develop my company and skills as a business owner. At a time of recession the help of experts at HIB has never been more needed, by shooting them in the foot many others will become lame in the process!
Harrison Amobi

#6 A very unwise decision

2011-02-23 15:28

Those responsible for these decisions need to understand that services such as the HIB are necessary for the developing of small businesses which in turn assist with growth and help strengthen the british economy.
Kevin Beckles

#7 Proposed cuts

2011-02-23 16:23

I think this is outrageous and makes no sense at all. We need start ups & small businesses to thrive and you are simply cutting of the support mechanism to make this happen. Please do not be so short sighted!
Malcolm Parr
The author of this petition

#8 Re: Harrow in Business

2011-02-23 16:38

#1: Ian Viner - Harrow in Business

Ian Hi

Thnaks for the comments on the discussion page - can I ask you to forward the appeal to all your Harrow business contacts and residents as if HiB goes it will be yet another servce that those un-employed will be unable to access.

Thanks Allen

Allen Pluck

#9 Re: SAVE OUR LOCAL BUSSINESS SUPPORT

2011-02-23 17:13

#2: JOY CHANCE - SAVE OUR LOCAL BUSSINESS SUPPORT

Thanks Joy

Points well made and I wholeheartedly agree -

Can I please implore you to send details of this petition on to all your business contacts and friends, residents alike - we are trying desperately to get this decision overturned but need the voice of Harrow to speak out and be heard.

Huge thanks again

Allen Pluck

Allen Pluck

#10 Re: cut funding to Harrow in Business (HiB) from April 2011

2011-02-23 17:47

#3: Chandreyi Saha - cut funding to Harrow in Business (HiB) from April 2011

Hi Chandreyi

Thank you for your support in signing the petition – can I please ask that you spread the word to you business contacts, friends, neighbours, and local residents and ask them to do the same.  The Council do not seem to be listening to us – our hope is that they will listen to their voting public.

Kind regards

Allen Pluck

#11 Re: Why kill the spirit of enterprise?

2011-02-23 17:48

#4: Amar Deo - Why kill the spirit of enterprise?

Hi Amar

Thank you for your support in signing the petition – can I please ask that you spread the word to you business contacts, friends, neighbours, and local residents and ask them to do the same.  The Council do not seem to be listening to us – our hope is that they will listen to their voting public.

Kind regards

Peter

#12 Re: SAVE OUR LOCAL BUSSINESS SUPPORT

2011-02-23 18:07

#2: JOY CHANCE - SAVE OUR LOCAL BUSSINESS SUPPORT 

We need to support Harrow in Business ,its the only way forward where unemployment is rising like the food and fuel prices ,this unit helps unemployed to get back into the work place ,be it self employment and training

Funds being cut will lead to disaster

Allen Pluck

#13 Re: Do not cut funding for HIB

2011-02-23 18:33

#5: Monica Lowenberg - Do not cut funding for HIB

Thanks Monica

It seems that only those at the sharp end of business understand how the economy works.

The newly unemployed will pay less income tax as they become unemployed.  They will also spend less locally, thus hitting other business profits and their ability to pay tax.  Other employed tax payers will face a bill for their unemployment benefits.

The priority must be to get the economy growing and the unemployed back to work so we can fill the bigger part of the deficit caused by the recession.

The best way to cut the deficit is to encourage growth. That's not always easy for governments to do, but cutting the funding to organisations that help people get back on the employment ladder will certainly not create new jobs, help companies survive nor cut the deficit.

Can I please ask that you to spread the word to all your known business contacts, friends, neighbours, and local residents and ask them to sign the petition too.

Thanks Allen

Parimal Patel

#14 Support for HIB

2011-02-23 20:20

This is an absolute tragedy if this happens. I have been with HIB since I started 10 years ago. I have created employment and raised finance through their support. Prior to this I researched the other business support agencies and NON come anywhere near HIB
Allen Pluck

#15 Re: Support for HIB

2011-02-23 20:41

#14: Parimal Patel - Support for HIB

Thanks Parimal

Lets hope we can put  stop to this - we need your help though by posting and sending it to as many local businesses and residents to get them signed up to th epetition too - its not our voice that needs to be heard but that of businesses and the public

Shaunette Cole-Weekes

#16 Sad movement

2011-02-23 21:07

Progress can be define in many ways;one is to help small business or to educate people on how to help themselves instead of depending on the government always. This is what HIB is doing it's helping and has helped many to progress. We need them.
Harshika Shah Shah

#17 cuts

2011-02-24 01:19

Why the cuts need assistance
Keith Littlejohns

#18 Harrow in Business (HiB) is needed more than ever at this time

2011-02-24 02:58

I used the new business support services provided by Harrow in Business in late 1993 during the last recession. As a result I started my own business early in 1994 that is still trading today despite the current recession we are very gradually pulling out of.

It seems absolutely insane to stop funding for one of the most vital local services that greatly enhances the chances of people, who have all sorts of skills but are currently out of work, to start their own business.

Keeping HiB funded must surely be a win-win situation. Unemployed people who start their own business not only get back their self-esteem but are no longer reliant on unemployment benefit and all the difficulties that raises.

Harrow borough also wins, particularly when a business expands and starts to employ local people, provides services to other local enterprises, in turn uses the services of other local enterprises and also contributes to local taxes.

Whoever dreamt up this crazy idea to stop funding HiB really needs to open up their mind and think through this dreadfully poor decision again.

Harrow has lost a great deal of its commercial sector in recent years. Not only the big players but also many small business I personally know that have moved away from Harrow because of the attitude of the local council towards supporting commerce, and local small business in particular.

Times are hard at the moment and sadly cuts are unavoidable, but this decision just does not make sense for so very many reasons.

Neil Shah

#19 We need support for our business community

2011-02-24 12:02

I first went to harrow in Business as a teenager with a an idea and no idea as to how to turn it into reality. Over the last 20 years I have received support in setting up and running various successfully business. One of these was an award winning multi-million pound enterprise. I would NOT have been able to do this without the support of HiB. How many future enterprises will fail to even get off the ground if the council takes this action? Harrow has always been celebrated as an entrepeneurial borough - will that continue to be the case if it doesnt have an enterprise agency?
Judy Williams

#20 Busines suppport keeps local businesses from insanity.

2011-02-25 12:00

For the good of our local community and jobs it is imperative that we keep the local business support from cuts and closure.
Anita Gohil-Thorp

#21 Harrow in Business

2011-02-25 21:40

HiB is a vital tool to start ups and businesses in the area. It enhances the chances for small businesses to be successful and therefore provide revenue for the council. It makes little sense to get rid of a wonderful unit like this.
MARY PETERS

#22 PETITION

2011-02-25 22:23

I HAVE BENEFITED FROM THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY HIB OVER THE YEARS, ANY CHANGES WILL AFFECT US SME BUSINESSES TREMENDOUSLY IN THE BOROUGH- THINK TWICE, PLEASE.
Christina Weston

#23 Re: Harrow in Business

2011-02-25 22:46

Regina Magigi

#24 Save Harrow In Business Support Centre

2011-02-26 16:16

Harrow in Business Support Centre gives people who aspire to start and run their own businesses hope for the future. The service they provide encourages people to be innovative and ambitious enough to be creators of future employment providers. Cutting that service does not make any sense whatsoever.
Elsa Caleb

#25 Save Harrow in Business

2011-03-01 19:35

In this current economic climate we need organisations such Harrow in Business as they offer business development services to individuals that have no other option than unemployment.