Save Your Local Business Support

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Your Local Business Support.

Trevor Walker

#26 HARROW IN BUSINESS

2011-03-02 13:21

I am now retired and help HIB out a couple of times a month on a volunteer basis
However I was a freelance business adviser/ mentor working for HIB and similar agencies throughout NW, South and central London for some 12 years. Without doubt HIB was the best - the most effective, easiliest to deal with from all sides and yet the nicest.
In my 12 years as a freelance I helped in well in excess of 1200 businesses to start up or stay in business - the majority of these still trading and most through HIB. This would not be the case without HIB in operation. Many such as me would agree beyond doubt.
Obviously these businesses bring wealth, confidence and well-being to Harrow for a comparitive small outlay. Why stop?
Harrow council is being tremendously short sighted and,without mincing words, stupid to even consider cutting their budget. The area will suffer without the services of HIB and any savings simply not cost effective.

Howard Bluston

#27 Harrow in Business future

2011-03-02 21:24

It's vital that, in these parlous times, it not only survives but prospers. It's the only firm in Harrow that has the sheer professionalism to train young and old, help start all types of businesses, and continue to support them.
John Feldman

#28 Harrow in Business

2011-03-03 16:08

I give full support to HIB. If funding is cut start up and small businesses within Harrow will be without any voice at all.
Andrew Ferguson

#29 Value for money

2011-03-03 17:29

While expensive central government enterprise support schemes have come and gone, Harrow in Business has continuously for 30 years provided an astonishing level of support and encouragement to local businesses.
Andrew Ferguson FRSA, FIC, FCIM
Bobby Shah

#30 Local business Support

2011-03-04 12:28

Without Harrow in Buisness my venture would never have happened. It is vital especially in these uncertain times that there are local business centres where owners can go and talk to experienced people. The advice is invaluable.
Ramji Patel

#31 Vital Link

2011-03-09 14:05

HiB is a vital link for business growth
Amanda Benbelaid

#32 Valuable resource

2011-03-11 00:39

This service helped me immensely when I set up my business and wherever the funds came from originally I think that some support still needs to be present in Harrow so people are not compelled to go to 'unbiased' bank courses or travel to Business Link. I am thinking particularly of parents who want to return to work self employed.
Bob Blackman

#33 Harrow in Business

2011-03-11 02:15

We need to maximise support to retain this organisation.