Save Your Local Business Support

Quoted post

JOY CHANCE

#2 SAVE OUR LOCAL BUSSINESS SUPPORT

2011-02-23 06:20

To Whom It May Concern

Up until March 2009 I was employed in the construction industry then made redundant due to the crash. Unfortunately I was also signed of sick by my GP and unable to sign on.

Since then I have been struggling to overcome my illness and in an attempt to get back into employment became a volunteer within skills training provider business where I found an opportunity to support and motivate unemployed people like myself into sustainable employment. All this at a time when our country is experiencing the worse recession since the 70's.

As a motivation consultant I found focus, direction and success and more importantly a need for my service within the community. With the support of Harrow in Business's various business courses and advisory services/ support decided to become self employed.

I have a vision for myself and my new vocation, as well as determination and passion to create a standard living without the aid of government handouts. However because of lack of funds to support my social enterprise I am struggling to support and get my business off the ground.

During my time working within my community Harrow I have met and worked with many 18 -24 year olds and 25+s' who are desperate to find employment but also in need pastoral care of the kind I can offer.

But without funds and the support of such agencies as Harrow in Business, people like me are doomed to fail and therefore continue to be a drain on society because the help is no longer available. The Government are in danger of cutting off their noses to spite their initiatives.

Please think before we sink!

Regards

Joy Chance

Replies

Allen Pluck

#9 Re: SAVE OUR LOCAL BUSSINESS SUPPORT

2011-02-23 17:13:07

#2: JOY CHANCE - SAVE OUR LOCAL BUSSINESS SUPPORT

Thanks Joy

Points well made and I wholeheartedly agree -

Can I please implore you to send details of this petition on to all your business contacts and friends, residents alike - we are trying desperately to get this decision overturned but need the voice of Harrow to speak out and be heard.

Huge thanks again

Allen Pluck

Peter

#12 Re: SAVE OUR LOCAL BUSSINESS SUPPORT

2011-02-23 18:07:18

#2: JOY CHANCE - SAVE OUR LOCAL BUSSINESS SUPPORT 

We need to support Harrow in Business ,its the only way forward where unemployment is rising like the food and fuel prices ,this unit helps unemployed to get back into the work place ,be it self employment and training

Funds being cut will lead to disaster