Save The South London Oshwal Property

Quoted post

2016-04-07 12:01

response to Charlie. 

Democratic Vote ! Which planet are you leaving on ! There were less than 150 south london area members present  on the day in Oshwal centre at Potters Bar.

The slick presentations did not materilaise in acquiring a property although over 5 diffrent ones were short listed.

If other communities (actively serching for over 20 years ) have yet to find a suitable venue , what gurantee is that we shall find one ?

How come the proceeds from selling our Mahajanwadi  were not guranteed to be ringfenced for sole use of acquiring our new property ?

Most people relied on assurance by the committee , They will  not be in place after AGm . What than?

Replies

#27 Re:

2016-04-09 18:37:31

#22: Guest -  

We are living on planet Earth.

I was present at the SGM at Oshwal Center Potters Bar when all issues were discussed, we could not find any so called "slick presentation".

Comittee members from South London, Central and other areas made their case on the proposed sale of the Sth Ldn Mahajanwadi. It was a democratic debate as all the members present were allowed to speak and I did express my point of view.

Discussion on the Sale of Sth Ldn Mahajanwadi has been going on for over a year. All Oshwal members have been invited to attend the meetings. If there is apathy then the apathetic members do not have any cause to complain on decisions taken at these meetings.

There are other reasons for the sale of SLM. 1) it is a grade 2 listed bldg and any renovation done will be expensive. 2) It is not suitable for disabled persons. 3) any renovations done will not change the outside appearance, and could list more reasons.......

Most important reason is that if this was your business and losses were incurred then you would have to close it down.

We need to explore new avenues to fullfill the current needs of our community in South London. If need be we can hire venues to conduct our activities until a suitable venue is found.

#28 Re:

2016-04-09 21:19:16

#22: Guest -  

I agree 100%