Save Ewell Playing Fields

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Ewell Playing Fields.

2014-04-23 16:30

I have lived in Ewell for 50 years & want it to stay the lovely village it has always been & don't want to see get rich quick planners ruining it. If they want flats why not buy up the multiple unused office blocks in Epsom & convert those & leave our green areas alone

2014-04-23 16:35

Disgusted
Deryll David

#128 Old Salesians FC & Ewell Playing Fields

2014-04-23 21:30

This is unacceptable from local councils, at the moment I was one of the lead roles in saving a local playing fields in Barnet called Pavilion Way, they are trying to do the same thing to Ewell Playing Fields and as a referee and a club secretary I am very applauded we have only just won our battle and Old Salesians have my full support throughout this time. Everyone needs to make it even more aware then it is now so the council do not just sell on another playing fields as this effects all of us in the world of football, players, club officers, league officers and referees.

#129 Re:

2014-04-23 21:47

#1: -

Now a Ewell resident myself but a Salesian Old boy who played Sport on these fields many times in my youth. These facilities need to be kept.. once they are gone, it's too late.. Sign teh petition...

This post has been removed by the site administrator (Show details)

2014-04-24 10:54

2014-04-24 11:32

It's scandalous to even consider selling off what playing fields we have left. With two schools on the doorstep who regularly use the facility surely this is a no brainer. What happened to the Olympic legacy!

2014-04-24 12:59

scored the goal of my life on these fields

#133 Re:

2014-04-24 15:12

#79: -

The playing fields will not be lost and St Clements will still be able to use them. The planning application is to only build on part of the land. The remaining larger section will still be playing fields.

#134 Re: Old Salesians FC & Ewell Playing Fields

2014-04-24 15:14

#128: Deryll David - Old Salesians FC & Ewell Playing Fields

It is not the council who are selling the land. It is the Salesian Trust that is selling the land.

#135 Re: Re:

2014-04-24 16:25

#133: - Re:

Though the pitches will not be of sufficient size to play a decent standard of men's football on and the cricket circle would be much reduced in size.

Please ensure you give full and accurate information rather than act like a politician and only give partial data that happens to suit your purpose.  There was enough of that at EVRA's AGM.

Does this smell???

#136 Re: PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL COUNCILLOR.

2014-04-24 16:30

#114: Guest - PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL COUNCILLOR.

NB  Humphrey Reynolds is Treasurer of Ewell Village Residents Association and he, at the very least, should be listening to his constituents (and their very many supporters).

PS  Why did the EVRA Committee not declare their stance on the proposals at their AGM given that they discussed them in Committee and, reportedly, in the absence of their Chairman, came to a conclusion!!!!!!   It really makes you wonder.....

Done deal???

#137 Re: Re: Re:

2014-04-24 16:43

#135: Guest - Re: Re:

The cricket pitch is big enough for adult games. As for full information - most people who have signed the petition seem to think that the council are selling the land and it will all be lost to housing which is not true.

2014-04-24 19:34

I do hope this petition is successful!

2014-04-24 19:36

We need to keep playing fields open.

2014-04-24 22:03

The loss of the playfields will both affect our health, outdoor activities, natural beauty of the area, reduced house prices and more congested GP surgeries. Who in their right mind will agree to such a nonsense.... I suspect those who do not live in the area and who will profit from the newly and ugly builts..
Where are the journalists here? TVs/radios? Could any of the regional and national medias be engaged?

2014-04-25 13:18

I have lived in the Village for 20 years and have witnessed the erosion and destruction of its amenities and buildings and the detrimental effect it has had on the roads, infrastructure and local people.
If the Council have its way it will no longer be a village just a suburb that has raised huge amount of money to fuel the ego of people that are not part of it community there is sufficient space in the borough to accommodate this proposed development but in the Ewell?

2014-04-25 13:36

We are not residence of Ewell but we feel that we need all the playing fields preserved

2014-04-25 15:48

It is a wonderful facility for schools, sports clubs and other activities. We should be preserving this type of space for the enhancement of the health of the young.

2014-04-25 18:13

There are fewer and fewer playing fields for our children. Why are we determined to deny the next generation the benefit of open space that we enjoyed at their age? Olympic Games "legacy" - anyone remember that idea? Children need to run and play sport just as much as they need to read, write and do maths.

#145 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2014-04-25 21:02

#137: - Re: Re: Re:

Epsom and Ewell Council DO NOT own the land, but they (the Planning Committee Councillors) DO hold the power to decide whether this development will go ahead or not.

If you're against this development, you must contact your local Epsom and Ewell Councillor to protest.

Once planning permission is granted, it will be too late to do anything.

Once some of the land is built on, will the rest of the land be built on?

#146 Re: Re: PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL COUNCILLOR.

2014-04-25 21:15

#136: Does this smell??? - Re: PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL COUNCILLOR.

I would be interested to hear the views of the EVRA Committee on this website and more importantly the Epsom and Ewell Councillors - Do they have children who attend or have attended the schools affected? Do they belong to the clubs affected?

In my experience the Councillors do a very good job, they care about the community and they do listen to the residents, but to ensure they know how we feel, we need to tell them.

PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL COUNCILLOR.

Never trust a politician

#147 Re: Re: Re: PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL COUNCILLOR.

2014-04-25 21:28

#146: Guest - Re: Re: PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL COUNCILLOR. 

Is a prominentl member of EVRA closely connected with Abbéyfield? Of course,
Concerned resident!

#148 Re: Re: Re: Re: PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL COUNCILLOR.

2014-04-25 22:13

#147: Never trust a politician - Re: Re: Re: PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL COUNCILLOR.

Then this connection should've been declared to EVRA by the member and this member should be taking NO part in the consultation or planning process - If they are, this should be reported to Epsom and Ewell Council immediately.

Who is the member concerned and what connection do they have to Abbeyfield?

Are Abbeyfield the company who want to build on the land?

rolfordde Lerner
freehidoler

#149 The Nuns involving New Skete Help make Cheesecakes

2014-04-25 23:18

8. chance the Toy - fill up a large pail or container fun with body of water and floating pet or bath toy dogs. in that respect is no complaint to get in, so stop by for some gratis entertainment and education while you're in Canal Park. What is this a image of? here's some light-green platefuls. It's truly dainty, though. You'll be certain to have got a profitable event if you utilise some of these fun business office fundraising minds. If any participant messes up and avers a fun word in a dissimilar enjoin, that participant is obviated. A air current tunnel facilitates the bike shapers fun mimic real-life riding conditions. Who might use a basket care this? Promotional products are a respectable way to publicize your pub, addition fun your custom and earn a footling spare on the side. Source: First Opportunity Fun: A closed up End Fund In TransitionDisclosure: I am long OTCQB:FOFI. good now it is a balmy 18 grades F with a wind iciness of 8. Get out the shorts! First, we brainstormed adjectives to draw all of the toppings that got in the craftivity. They are the companionship that conveyed us Super Mario and the Wii. A heavyset rophy with gnarls in the center is good. But, it's moving to be ok. For illustration, some gravy boats can indorse out-of-door lounge presidents, or have got tables added to the out-of-door fun pack of cards. But, how do you get a child that is picky bequeathing to savor new solid foods? 3 Mobile Phones trades are so many and one will find every where a new deal. It turbulence training review reversal out that a utterly fudgy fun brownie fares not want to be gilt with butterscotch blondie. Opt for a boat paddle regarding its sizing, free weight, and building. yet, promotional items don t constantly experience to be about utility they can be fun, too! During this first school term, choice one problem that your team is presently confronting. dissimilar motorcars, cycles fun fundamentally locomote at one speed all the time. Daddy actually arrived with this slight cloth nightcap. How would you similar to understand why adult females do the things that they do? I lies of six stories and one hundred fifty rooms. Patchy the Pirate represents vocalize of SBSP himself, Gary the escargot, the French narrator and dozens more! Modern educational methods necessitate caliber classroom resources. brand a buffoonery call and play a joke on person. Consider holding a pot luck dinner afterwards or for less problem, experience everyone bring a bite to divvy up. Garfield Party Supplies & Decorations: Use orange and black as the primary colors of the Garfield party color scheme. Foreplay but if guiding to sex3. and then ask yourself what you'd do if one of those scenarios used up place. We experience respective triumphs complete early instrumentalists and in lame characters. include several characters of secret plans so immature and older portiony guests can all finger a portion of the maritime adventure fun. Shutterfly takes a commission, but they do all the piece of work, and they feature the topper equipment. This way you will stick given and as well you can create it a fun thing by taking your family

2014-04-26 09:08

The government wants to combat child obesity and encourage more outdoor play rather than sitting in front of a computer. Building on playing fields goes against this in everyway.  I have only lived in Ewell for only 3 years and the playing fields are just the other side of the train tracks to me.  They are in use all year round - football in the winter and cricket in the summer.  Take these facilities away - even just reducing them, will have a huge impact on the area - environmentally and atmospherically.