Save Ewell Playing Fields

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Ewell Playing Fields.

2014-04-15 17:23

playing fields and green areas should not be built on. Children will have no place to play sports. If the playing fields were built upon, Ewell will no longer be classed as a village and will become a suburb of London. I want green spaces and fresh air.

2014-04-15 17:28

Green areas and playing fields should not be built on. They are green field sites I want children to be able to play sports and enjoy the green areas. If all proposed developments in Ewell went ahead, then Ewell will no longer be known as a village and will become a suburb of London. Build on brown field sites. There are plenty of them

2014-04-15 18:21

No more playing fields should be built on. Especially this one that has so much use.

2014-04-16 07:22

This is another case compounding the loss of sports facilities in a local community. We were told that following the Olympics that Sport for all was essential. This is a classic case of Grass Root facilities being taken away for development and financial gain. What thought has been given to the users of these fine facilities?

2014-04-16 10:39

We have to invest in sport and our childrens future and health.
Philip

2014-04-16 18:39

I can remember starting my career as a referee here so they hold special memories. I also did a game here on he morning my father died. He used to come to many of my early matches, usually as the transport. It would personally be sad to lose this facility but most importantly, how on earth can anybody think this would be any good for the community. More houses, inadequate facilities and more people without places to exercise. Is this just a way of lining somebody else's pocket and driving people to expensive gym memberships which most people never use properly. Keep the playing fields for future generations. It is vital.

#57 Old Salesians Sports Field

2014-04-16 19:11

This is a short-sighted proposal that will irrevocably destroy a facility that will be available for schools, sports clubs and the community to use. Sports facilities are the life-blood of our communities.

2014-04-16 19:28

To anyone with an interest in education and amateur grass roots sport, I urge you to sign this petition to save a wonderful playing field which has served the community for over 80 years.

2014-04-16 20:23

Ewell Playing Fields hold many warm childhood memories for me and family, a safe environment where as a child I spent hours playing with my sisters. Always a warm and welcoming place, we always felt part of a family orientated community. It would be an absolute shame and waste to loose such a family orientated place, when the likes of such are very rare.
Lovejoy

#60 Save these fields!!!

2014-04-16 22:05

One of the best sporting grounds in the area. Such a shame to potentially lose them...

2014-04-17 07:24

Please please sign this petition. There are so many other places they could build locally. Why take away beautiful playing fields?

2014-04-17 09:36

We rely on the playing fields for children at st Clements primary school
Opened laned and playing space for school is precious ,, and needs to be kept as playing fields ! To much development in Ewell , children need places for there development in learning .!

2014-04-17 09:42

It is a disgrace that more playing fields are being lost, to be replaced by yet more housing.
These grounds have a long history but apparently this does not matter if money can be made in the short term.

2014-04-17 09:51

Its an absolute disgrace that the playing fields could be turned into houses

2014-04-17 12:02

Ewell Playing Fields, like so many other sports grounds around Greater London, are crucial to the ongoing success of amateur sports which allow people to remain active and fight the trend towards obesity and inactivity. They should be protected as a priority!

2014-04-17 12:11

Disgraceful - must stop this!

2014-04-17 12:49

I strongly oppose the closing of these playing fields

2014-04-17 13:17

Post London 2012 - where is the legacy here?

We need more pitches. We need to stop obesity. We need to keep the promise of promoting sport in London 2012

2014-04-17 17:52

The Surrey County FA object to this development due to the loss of football pitches and the impact on the sport.

2014-04-17 19:31

Good luck in all efforts to save this cherished space

2014-04-17 19:34

Good luck. Yet again sports facilities and open spaces are at the mercy of the highest bidder with no regard for those who use or care about them. Once gone they cannot be replaced.  Anyone for post Olympic legacy?

2014-04-17 21:00

I played on these pitches as a boy more than 50 years ago. Yet again a long-established piece of open space that serves local people of all ages wishing to pursue healthy outdoor sports is under threat. Why? To get a quick financial return for owners who prefer to ignore their commitments and developers looking to maximise their profits; and, it appears, aided by a planning committee that designates open space for the community it is supposed to serve until political expediency (and extra council tax revenue) intervenes. When he was told that fewer young people are playing character-building team sports due to lack of available pitches, the minister (for sport) said recently: 'We will have to consider transfering
ownership of pitches from those who will not make them available to those who will'. He might wish to comment on this latest greed-based proposal.

2014-04-18 06:29

This development is taking away the sporting facilities of generations of children in the future - to make money for a corporation? That can't be right.

#74 Save Ewell Playing Fields

2014-04-18 08:19

Another case of local authority getting it wrong. More houses = more need for recreational space not less. To lose a facility such as this would be a travesty for local area. This is clearly a site of community use. Please contact Sport England if not already represented in the comments here. They've helped object to similar schemes in my area of the country when a site can be proved in continuous community use.

2014-04-18 08:22

thousands of children and adults have enjoyed these facilities for years and years, don't deprive the next generation of doing so.