Eddisbury Square parking charges in Frodsham

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Eddisbury Square parking charges in Frodsham.

2014-02-01 18:50

Disgraceful charges, I will not shop in Frodsham until the charges are reviewed.

2014-02-01 20:08

This car park permit is detrimental to traders and shoppers

2014-02-01 20:13

The particular aspect of this parking restriction I object to is that we are told not to leave the square. Surely, within the 2 hour time slot we can go to shops in and out side of the square. The shops in the square and the rest of Frodsham all need customer support.

2014-02-01 20:28

These parking restrictions will greatly effect all business in the area. People who want to shop in edisbury square and church street will no be able to if they leave the square. People will stop shopping in this area if they can't Park and will go else where. This will result in loss of earnings/profits and shops closing.
Helsby resident

#5 disgusted!

2014-02-01 20:38

I refuse to shop whilst these charges are in effect and also the fact you cannot leave the square whilst parked is a joke especially if you are just crossing the street to the shops across the way. The parking fines will destroy the shops on the square and a small town like Frodsham is no place for such charges.

2014-02-01 21:01

Sayers shop is mostly on the square but to access the shop u have to use the only door which is on the main street, will this be classed as leaving the square?

2014-02-01 21:06

This has always been a free car park for staff/residents and customers!! As a former eddisbury sq resident I would recommend that the resident/staff car park at the back be the monitored one in which fines are imposed instead of one where customers from local businesses are made to suffer!! Small towns already lose out to big cities and the internet for retail needs. Surely the car park company which RENTS the land should be supporting independent businesses instead of pushing them to fail!

2014-02-01 21:18

Been going all of these years and and now they have to start doing this when money is hard and it's made that you can't leave the square

2014-02-01 21:18

We have already been invoiced £60 for parking on a Sunday afternoon in a half empty car park for 2 and a half hours whilst we ate in a local pub. From what I hear Sainsburies who are taking the empty oddbins shop have initiated this so that there is always a space for customers to use their shop.

2014-02-01 21:22

I'm originally from Frodsham and moved to Northwich. My parents still live in Frodsham and my dentist is in Frodsham. When I go to Frodsham for a meal occasionally I park in the precinct rather than my parents as it's more convenient, so does my friend when she visits Frodsham from France. The new parking rules will end these special occasions and we will not be visiting Frodsham anymore. It's sad.

2014-02-01 21:41

The sensible option would be to enforce the 2 hour regulation and that shoppers must shop in Edisbury Square. It is ludicrous to enforce charges for shoppers who then continue their shopping in other local, independent shops throughout the town centre. I will park elsewhere and not use the Edisbury Square shops in future.

2014-02-01 22:01

This will be the death knell for small local businesses.
I agree with the 2 hour rule, but the resultant fines for leaving the square are madness. What if I want to cross the road to EJ chip shop, or frequent one of the many local business just metres away on Church street?
This is quite clearly aligned to the imminent arrival of Sainsburys, and I for one am appalled at the council's attitude. Either they have no interest whatsoever in keeping local businesses alive and local people supported, OR there is some other incentive for the council from Sainsburys that we don't know about.....
I am disgusted, and suggest we place our trust in DIFFERENT councillors.

2014-02-01 22:19

They would have been better putting a pay and display in the square not fining people, how can this help the local businesses? Just an example of landowners trying to make "easy money" they will end up driving people out of Frodsham not encouraging them to come to the town. :-/

2014-02-01 23:41

Its ridiculous, can't park here to go to the chippy across the road, and can't park here at night when the shops are closed!

2014-02-02 00:22

If they must do something to ensure parking is available to users of the Square, why not have a system similar to that which was introduced in Ellesmere Port whereby you pay a small amount to park and can claim the cost back from one of the shops when you buy something from them? I'd rather pay 50p to park safe in the knowledge I can visit the shops I want to go to than chance a huge (and ridiculous) fine

2014-02-02 02:27

Would have preferred a pay & display with clear signs.

2014-02-02 07:46

There is a need for parking restrictions to stop people parking in the square all day, however 24hours and not allowed to leave the square is ludicrous. It will stop people using Frodsham, but please remember this is not down to any shops or the Council. Please shop local, there are other free parking spaces!

2014-02-02 07:57

This is totally out of character for the town. It will damage all businesses including those in Eddisbury Square.

2014-02-02 08:22

It's plainly wrong to attempt to put such a stranglehold on the area. Very sad to see!

2014-02-02 08:33

This is ridiculous in a small town with limited parking anyway. I am from Runcorn and always find it a struggle to park anyway- especially on market day which is off putting already. If it is true this is for the impending arrival of sainsburys the answer is to boycott sainsburys not local businesses. If the parking restrictions are implemented then maybe they will dissappear once sainsburys does.

2014-02-02 08:58

Ridiculous idea it's going to upset a lot of customers and certainly traders as people will just stop going, destroying a great community

2014-02-02 09:02

Boycott sainsburys as it is their request!!

2014-02-02 09:05

Boycott all businesses in the square!! Parking in the station car park isn't that much further really for the chippy plus the newsagent on Main Street are more than willing to take my custom. The only losers will be the square shops in the long run.

2014-02-02 09:09

This is heavy handed bullying of what should be, valued, customers. Many of us have refused to shop in the square since the new regime was imposed. This boycott will continue and gather pace until the charges are withdrawn. Retailers should lobby their landlord and respect their customers right to shop freely & without the threat of an exorbitant fine looming over them. We won't tolerate it so the retailers & landlord have a choice. If you have to charge, make it small & palatable. We will not pay these fines.
Blocker

2014-02-02 09:43

How can they prove you have left the square to shop in other places....?...its number plate recognition and not people recognition...your car is timed for 2hours...anything other than that is an invasion of privacy and you can sue the car park people as they are using camera's for financial gain and not criminal activity.