Eddisbury Square parking charges in Frodsham

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Eddisbury Square parking charges in Frodsham.

Grounded

#76 THERE ARE OTHER CAR PARKS IN FRODSHAM YOU COULD USE YOU KNOW!!!!!

2014-02-03 17:01

Disheartened

#77 MOUNTING HYSTERIA OR WHAT?

2014-02-03 17:27

This entire thing is getting totally out of hand. I would have signed this petition except having now read the comments, I am appalled at the venom, ignorance and downright confusion and misinformation of some of those who have.

#78 Re:

2014-02-03 17:36

#71: -

Morrisons??

2014-02-03 18:03

I have lived around the frodshsm area most of my life and always used eddisbury square for parking and shopping I feel these new charges will have a great impact on the shop owners of frodsham and people who visit for shopping there is no need for the charges and I feel we are being treated unfairly I am sure the people who make these rules will only be happy when all there is in frodsham is supermarkets. I am totally against these new moves its like being in Big Brother constantly

2014-02-03 18:08

yThese actions will destroy the heart of the village e.g it will affect other traders outside of the square making parking untenable.

2014-02-03 18:47

utterly ridiculous change that will affect more than just the businesses surrounding the square. scrap it now or "passing trade" will disappear for the shops on the square ongoing and people will not venture that far up to browse. as for sainsburys...oh dear, local PR disaster.

2014-02-03 18:49

I live in Wirral and used to visit Frodsham many times a year. This parking fiasco is very off putting to the extent that I have not been there in some time. I need to park nearby as I have difficulty walking long distances but am not a Blue Badge holder. Please be more car friendly and encourage visitors.
Choose a nickname

#83 Re: Re:

2014-02-03 18:51

#78: - Re:

It's still quite a steep slope down to the street....that is why I park on the square...thanks for the suggestion though :-)

#84 Mounting hysteria? This is democracy!

2014-02-03 19:09

The comments above reflect the facts. Largely based on the printed rules and parking fine notices already received. I smell an interested party trying to disrupt the community's efforts to reach a workable solutions which protects the locals, customers and retainers.

#85 Mounting hysteria? This is democracy!

2014-02-03 19:12

Retailers. Damn auto-correct!!

2014-02-03 19:27

Exploitation at the local's expense. Sheer greed!

2014-02-03 19:56

They are going to lose customers. Frodsham is a lovely area but if they start charging it's simple. There are areas to shop that are free.

2014-02-03 20:27

I agree with others, that a nominal fee should be charged for the use of the car park, eg 50p-£1, redeemable against a purchase in a local shop as other towns have implemented, if so desired. To have a 'walk away and be fined' policy is absolutely ludicrous! I often park on Eddisbury Square, walk down to the post office to withdraw money, then back up to browse the shops and spend some of the money I drew out. There are rarely parking spaces down by the post office, which is why I park on Eddisbury Square. This will only result in people leaving the small shops and going to bigger places with better parking, meaning that yet again, the small, independent shops are the ones to suffer.

#89 Eddisbury Square Parking Charges

2014-02-03 20:58

Surely common sense should prevail here. If people are allowed to park for 2 hours which will allow errands in the town then they are more likely to use the shops on Eddisbury Square whilst there. Ok restrict to 2 hours parking, but include the whole town for the sake of the town and Eddisbury Square.
unome

#90 Re: MOUNTING HYSTERIA OR WHAT?

2014-02-03 21:11

#77: Disheartened - MOUNTING HYSTERIA OR WHAT?

Quite right, a rumour says Sainsburys insisted on this, so it must be true.  Ring CWAC and ask to get the facts from planning

2014-02-03 21:32

This is the death knell of the small shops in Eddisbury Square. I often park here buy a newspaper pop into the other shops in the square and shop in Church Street. In future I will park in the station car park and bypass the square. Or is this the idea. More parking for the new supermarket and empty shops for them to expand into.

2014-02-03 22:07

It is one thing to limit parking to 2 hours but ridiculous that you are unable to visit other shops outside of the immediate square without facing a fine

2014-02-03 22:25

I bring my 96 year old Grandma to go to Boots opticians in Frodsham and park in Eddisbury Square as she can't walk very far. It's a disgrace that we would get charged £100 for this. We cannot shop in Frodsham again until this fine is lifted.

2014-02-03 23:07

Completely unrealistic.

2014-02-04 01:07

So sad for the retail outlets in E Square to have to put up with such a problem not at their instigation

2014-02-04 07:32

The £100 fine is a bit ridiculous, especially if there's not enough signage explaining the new rules of the car park. I grew up in Frodsham and my family still lives there. I know that when I visit we always park in the square, we walk around the square visiting some of the businesses before popping to the charity shops on the highstreet. Putting fines on the car park will do nothing but discourage the use of it and ultimately the businesses in the square will suffer because of the decline in footfall. I know that if I have to park on the highstreet I would be less inclined to visit the square, as I don't go there needing to buy anything in particular, it's just nice to be able to browse and purchase on impulse. They could keep the £100 fine, but I guarentee in the long run they will loose out by having empty units/having to decrease the rent on the shops as the businesses won't be making as much money.

2014-02-04 08:24

wot happens wen 1 parkes and go's 2 sayers which means u have 2 leave the car park

2014-02-04 09:07

Unfortunatley prob will not be using the square shops or church street now due to this parking issue.

2014-02-04 10:02

It's disgraceful how these charges were sneakily just put on people of Frodsham, the parking area we have is very limited around the town. As the Eddisbury square has the most shops it is going to affect their trade

2014-02-04 10:16

We do not need this big brother act in Frodsham its no good for the residents or shop owners too. Parking in Frodsham is hard anyway and to say we can only shop in square is ridiculas.