Eddisbury Square parking charges in Frodsham

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Eddisbury Square parking charges in Frodsham.

Shellac

#126 Parking

2014-02-09 00:07

I parked at Eddisbury Square the other day, bought a paper and a couple of bits, went across the road for my appointment at the beauty salon but had to leave part way through my treatments as I was told about the new parking enforcement regime and that I would get a large fine for going over the two hours. How is this going to encourage me to use local business?

2014-02-09 20:27

I have shopped in Frodsham for 37 years but will not now. I will drive in the other direction to Northwich which has plenty of free parking.I feel very sorry for the traders as I'm sure their businesses will suffer. Good luck in the fight!

2014-02-14 16:03

I have just been talking to a shop manager just off Eddisbury Square but still within that set of shops who said that they had paid towards improvements for that car park yet their customers were not allowed to park there cos they would not be allowed to leave the square. Customers to the shop had become almost non existent. She also said that each shop in the square were given multiple parking permits so that the people who worked there could park there. I thought the idea was to keep it free for customers.
Seems to me like the company who run this parking "racket "have ridden roughshod over the situation, done no reseach and not given the needs of the town any thought at all. Their "lets get in there and make some money"attitude is killing Frodsham's trade right off. Parasites in the natural world are not so stupid, at least they normally keep their host alive.
This needs careful thought and consideration. Do we need another small version of a big store in Frodsham? Why can't we have a full size supermarket just outside the village and smal individuall shops in the centre. Making the centre of town a proper tourist attraction. At the moment we are neither nowt nor sumat! Are we a town with village facilities? The population and money we have here should surely support better facilities than we have.Things could be so much better with thought and planning.

#129 Re:

2014-02-14 16:18

#23: -

Its not the fault of the small buisnesses. Who brought in the company to run the car park, the council or the owners of the precinct ?(which is not the the people who run the buisnesses there.) We should be trying to support them not boycotting them. If this lot gets sorted are they still going to be there? Will they survive?

2014-02-14 16:44

Could it be perhaps that the owners of Eddisbury Square want to sell the whole space to a retailer . They would obviously need all the shops to close to do this. Reducing their customers this way would close them down without the owner appearing to be the wicked landlord !

2014-03-10 16:30

Outrageous. Will certainly cost businesses such as the optician a loss of trade.

2014-10-22 07:35

I have recieved a parking notice / fine because my wife used the car park twice in one day, the first being 08.20 and then 04.30. The operators system is far from robust! This is very unfair!
Jonny M

2014-10-22 16:18

Further to my post yesterday, I have received another parking notice for an apparant violation 24 hours later.  Looking at the serial numbers they have issues 136 parking charges in 24 hrs in Eddisbury Square cark park.  Having submitted an appeal 48 hrs ago I phoned them to make them aware of both charges and that the local post office have sent loads of recorded delivery letters to UKCPS in the last week coupled with alleging they have issued 136 tickets in 24 hrs they cancelled both my charges over the phone with no explanation! Work that one out!

2015-09-21 11:57

It is damaging to local trade. Retail parks are on our doorstep and very welcoming.
Flower

#135 Re:

2015-11-18 00:26

#1: -  

I agree and I am dealing with UKCPS and miah solicitors at this point in time to try to get the £275 charge they are demanding. I am a pensioner and will no longer shop in that square 

Mad

#136 Re:

2020-09-26 10:46

#12: -  

#137 Re:

2020-09-26 10:48

#138 Re:

2020-09-26 10:51

Mad

#139 Re: Subject

2020-10-03 21:27

#140 Re: