Reinstate Elvis' name on the "USS Arizona"

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Reinstate Elvis' name on the "USS Arizona".

2016-01-11 21:59

Because Elvis raised money for the Memorial! Elvis was a loving and giving human being that had an addiction, that does NOT make him a bad person or a bad influence!

2016-01-11 22:13

Let's correct what was wrongly done to Elvis Presley and his family Reinstate Elvis' Name on the USS Arizona were it rightfully belongs So Elvis Fans around the world Sign the Petition as I did and many others Together we can do this For the love of Elvis and his memory

2016-01-11 22:15

Elvis Presley was an awesome person that if he knew there was a need he was willing and able to do what he could to help! He helped in the money part of the memorial, so his name should be there. Thank you for letting me say my peace! Patti O.

2016-01-11 22:48

Because he did so much to help getting the Arizona together & did so much for Hawaii

2016-01-11 23:06

Elvis loved his country. He actually paid his own admission when he gave the benefit concert for the Arizona and the Kui Lee Cancer Fund. His name deserves to be on the memorial, without his benefit concert the memorial would have stalled.

2016-01-11 23:15

Elvis'name rightly deserves to be on uss Arizona and as fans we should do all we can to keep his name and memory alive

2016-01-11 23:31

Because as a life long Elvis fan and what he done for charity I think it was wrong for them to remove his name from the memorial famous people have done far worse than what Elvis done so reinstate his name

2016-01-12 00:07

His name should be put back simply because of what he did.

2016-01-12 00:09

Because Elvis loved Hawaii and performed to most seen show in Hawaii. He is the greatest entertainer ever. Put his name back on the USS Arizona.

2016-01-12 00:12

I love Elvis ever since i was lil growing up,,my mom n dad n my whole family ,,he gave alot was a kind generous man!! Great man,,i could never forget that Elvis Presley!!

2016-01-12 00:17

I SIGNED THIS BECAUSE I LOVE ELVIS

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2016-01-12 00:41

2016-01-12 00:52

WOW. We seem to being a lot of name wiping in our country these days because it doesn't fit our needs or live up to our expectations or read the way we think it should. We want to remove great monuments to great men. we want to change text books because our past was wrong in some way shape or form we want to replace HISTORY with lies to make our outward appearance look better. The fact is... It does not make us look better ! The only thing that makes AMERICA look better is TO DO BETTER ! Why are we fighting civil rights again and again? Why do we have more homeless now than any point in our history ? why are children under educated ? why are children starving and dying of disease that was supposed to have been eradicated ? Because we the people have forgotten what made this country strong .... telling the truth ! Standing up for what is right ! Helping others ! Making AMERICA a better place to live , to have a dream , making that dream reality ...... That's the Promise that was given to ELVIS and that's the promise ELVIS gave back to America ! He started with nothing and had a dream to get out of poverty and to help his family and when he became famous he helped many thousands of people because he fulfilled the dream that he had and was afforded him by AMERICA . He said without his fans he would be nothing ! and because of his fans he was able to share his wealth and one of the things he shared his wealth with was the USS ARIZONA MEMORIAL and his name should stand there forever ! It doesn't matter your opinion of him. If you liked him or not , if you believe or don't believe he was a good role model it matters that HE RAISED THE MONEY AND GAVE IT FREELY SO THAT THE MEMORIAL COULD BE FINISHED ! SO IT IS NOT UP TO ANYONE BUT ELVIS TO SAY REMOVE MY NAME AND HE IS NOT HERE TO DO THAT ! SO KEEP YOUR GOD DAMN HANDS OFF ! REINSTATE HIS NAME !

2016-01-12 01:06

Elvis Helped Pay For This !! It Was Sad That It Was Even Taken Off!! T.C.B.!!

2016-01-12 01:52

Just who was responsible for removing Elvis' name in the first place and what authority does this person claim? And what credentials does this person have to convict any fellow American of any discretion? Elvis, more than anyone else, helped build this memorial, funding it with the fruits of his labor. Removing his name is simply criminal.

2016-01-12 02:13

Because I love Elvis It number 1#

2016-01-12 03:34

Elvis served his country personally and professionally ! Removal of his name from memorial is a disgrace to all Americans!!!

2016-01-12 04:31

I think elvis should be reinstated

2016-01-12 04:32

I believe Elvis Presley Did so much Good in the world he deserves to have his name on there!

2016-01-12 04:44

Elvis Presley was a very generous man for good causes. The USS Arizona was having trouble getting the memorial built due to lack of funds. Elvis got the memorial completed, and regardless of his prescription drug use, plenty of money is given for different things with the people owning liquor stores, alcoholics, and I could go on and on, and no one questions their money. Therefore, Elvis Aaron Presley should have his name reinstated on the USS Arizona because he was a caring man, and if the drugs had consumed him, he would not have been able to function with his charities he gave to regularly, that are still being funded after his death by his estate.

2016-01-12 04:55

It's not right when ya make a show when someone donates as much as Elvis, put his name up. To strip what he has done after he goes to heaven just isn't right. Please put it back where it belongs! Shame on whoever made the decision to take it down!!

2016-01-12 07:11

The mans personal life should have no baring on the good he has done in his humanitarian work. Especially because by today's standards his indicressions are minor. His name should be reinstated . this is a travesty.

2016-01-12 07:41

Elvis Played a big part in making the memorial possible

2016-01-12 10:04

I have been an Elvis fan for over 50 yrs & i really think his name should be reinstated on the USS Arizona,

2016-01-12 11:05

Elvis' name should be reinstated on this memorial, as without his generous contribution it would not have been possible.