Save Ebrington Primary School (Gloucestershire)

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Ebrington Primary School (Gloucestershire) .

2016-01-31 21:06

It is in the best interests of the local children to keep the school open.

2016-01-31 21:59

I believe village schools contribute greatly to local children giving them a more personalised, therefore a more rounded, relaxed and happy childhood educational experience.

2016-02-01 00:00

All 3 of our children went to Ebrington School and its small size made all the difference to their confidence, they left happy well rounded and ready for more. To close a school with no clear reason is a travesty, to close a village school means death to a village. This proposal has a wide ranging effect on many more people than the families it serves.  The effect on traffic in Campden will create stress, late attendance, pollution (in an area which has poor air pollution already due to the geographical nature of the valley) and reduce physical activity within children when childhood obesity is a serious issue. I hope the governors can see sense and speak up for the children whose whole education (not just targets) they should be considering.

2016-02-01 02:20

Education is important, and if there is a school there it was for a reason, the population is growing not shrinking so why remove an establishment of education that is needed?

2016-02-01 03:28

This is a GREAT village school.

My nephews Ben and Archie, and my niece Isabella have had a great education at the school, and they are developing into intelligent, self-confident, well-rounded, balanced, responsible and caring human beings....

Please keep Ebrington village school open for the benefit of the local community and of the children in the area.

Closing such a vibrant and close community school would be a travesty...a very short-sighted decision and a great loss to the village, which will have a substantially negative effect on the community.

Yours Faithfully,

Richard Wilson

2016-02-01 09:07

I lived in Ebrington 1981- 86. Both our children attended the school and received a wonderful education. The school and its PTA were an important part of village life.
Without a school, the village's young families will find the extra travel expensive and time consuming. This will affect the socio/ economic make up of the village.

#132 Save Ebrington School

2016-02-01 09:21

I went to this school in the late 1980s and the time I spent there still holds very special memories - we were given so many opportunities to experience things in a small and well supported class environment. I believe that a village school such as this is vital to the community and should be saved as a matter of course to give other children the experiences that I was fortunate to have.

Alison Lloyd (nee Dennis)

Emac

2016-02-01 11:25

Closing this school would be another example of destroying a community and creating new problems regarding transport and safety for families without any real benefit - except for bureaucrats and developers!

2016-02-01 11:50

Although I live in Chipping Campden, Ebrington would be our school of choice for when our children are old enough. The reason being is that the quality of teaching in small schools is generally better than in larger schools with a better positive outlook and an important place within the community.

I am aware that a large nursery is due to relocate next door to St. James school. The school already has an ongoing traffic problem, with extra staff and pupils from Ebrington plus nursery staff and parents adding to the chaos I believe it would become a health and safety issue.

As Ofsted have reported, small schools have a positive ethos that fosters "a family atmosphere", "good standards of behaviour" and "close links with parents and the community".

If our children were to attend Ebrington school they would be the 6th generation of their family to do so.

I do not believe they can close Ebrington school on the grounds of unsatisfactory education, due do consistent 'Good' ratings from OFSTED.

I hope the argument against the closure of a successful, vibrant, happy school is strongly considered for the good of the current and future pupils.

Mrs Grace Sabin

2016-02-01 12:20

The school is an essential component of village life. It has an excellent reputation and meets a clear need. Please no more traffic and parking problems in Chipping Campden.

2016-02-01 12:30

It is critical to the viability of rural communities that we keep village schools.

2016-02-01 12:38

I believe that children thrive in small schools within their local community without the necessity of having to go by car or bus into an already busy and traffic-clogged town.

2016-02-01 12:48

I feel strongly about closing village schools and having to ' bus' children to bigger schools miles away, perhaps creating larger classes and of course traffic problems.

2016-02-01 13:13

We simply have to preserve our village communities and this starts with our Primary Schools!

2016-02-01 13:21

It is dreadful that such a popular and well loved village school is under threat of closure - particularly considering its long history within the community and the fact that it has maintained high pupil numbers.

2016-02-01 18:33

Our school is a wonderful place full of happy, well educated children. It should not close.

2016-02-01 18:48

Village schools are at the heart of a community, it is very important that they stay open, to continue the rural backbone of their respective districts.

2016-02-01 21:46

My primary school was the best don't shut it down

2016-02-02 20:06

Because I know the village, know the school and believe that it's an important part of the community.

2016-02-02 20:12

We must do all we can to save village schools that are so important to village life and the community. This school has a tremendous reputation and it would be tragic for it to close.

2016-02-02 22:18

Seriously, closing a brilliant school, which is so supported by the local community and parents! Spot the very wrong decision here! Do the right thing!!

2016-02-02 22:48

Because it is important to keep village schools open and educate children in smaller classes

2016-02-03 16:19

I wish that everyone would actually read all the information regarding this and the facts supportiung it.

The class structure is outdated, you cannot teach so many children across so many years.  The information provided by the governors is very interesting and very true.  The building in ebrington is no longer suitable.

Just ask the teachers, they are behind the plan and think it is better for the future educatin of the children.

The amount of bullying going on within the village is incredible.  some of the people involved need to take a step back and have a long hard look at themselves because the way the are behaving is embarrassing.  They are destroying the village more than anything else that is going on.

2016-02-03 16:22

Why do people keep quoting ofsted reports?  

Any report issued by ofsted is based upon the whole school.  no marks are given for the different sites.  It is One school, read the information and proof given.

#150 Re:

2016-02-03 16:24

#140: -  

Have you actually read the information provided? the pupil numbers are not high