Save Ebrington Primary School (Gloucestershire)

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Ebrington Primary School (Gloucestershire) .

2016-01-28 08:19

In Mickleton, a very close by village to ebrington, we have 150 houses being built, this will generate a huge amount of extra children that our school is going to try and accommodate for via extending the school and its pupil intake, however, it is already obvious that a small village school will
Not be able to accommodate all of the children and therefore parents will need close by, good, village schools like ebrington primary to enrol their children into.

2016-01-28 09:30

Supporting a friends children who attend this school

2016-01-28 10:44

Mickleton school where I live, the school is full and there's 200 houses being built right now. Same for other schools in the area, no room for siblings. It makes no sense and we need to be planning ahead.

2016-01-28 14:23

So short sighted - with so many new houses being built in the area, we should be expanding our primary schools not shutting them.

2016-01-28 18:28

I am an original Ebrington person I was born there and went to School there as did my Brothers Sisters my Son my Daughter and Niece's Nephews and there Children we had a member of my family there continually for about 70 years , I think it is very sad that they are even thinking of closing it if you take the School out of the village you take the heart out , these villages die and you end up with an Old community
Although I live in Chipping Campden now my heart is still with Ebrington and that lovely little School , I have got Grandchildren in St James School 2 of them and a possible 3rd one will go there but I have grave concerns that the School will become to small and most definitely the play aera, I have had Children round me all my life and always hope to, but what I know about Children they like plenty of space to run around and they will not have this if they put those two Schools together and although I live in Chipping Campden I am glad I do not live round Cherry Orchard Close or my house would be on the market because the people that live round there have all had enough of the traffic already what with the new housing estate going up and the Kiddy Winks play group going round there as well you will not be able to move , my Daughter walks her Children to School but if she had to drive I know she would move house and out of Chipping Campden if this goes through I can only pray for anyone that this concerns that these School governors come to there senses and drop all this rubbish about putting these two Schools together
Ruth Hands

2016-01-28 18:45

How can you even think of closing this school with all the housing development locally taking place. We currently have 3 in Honeybourne alone.

2016-01-28 19:53

I am a parent with two children at this school which both kids really enjoy being at they are doing their best with the help of teachers their .it helps that their a small school as then they can give one on one to all the children that need it.

2016-01-28 20:23

I signed it as its another Primary school in Gloucestershire that may close! We had the threat of our Village school ( Willersey) closing down years ago. Luckily it never happened . If signing my name helps this school to stay open then I am happy to do it!

2016-01-28 20:37

Because I think its important to keep our Village Schools open
3rdgenerationpupil

2016-01-28 22:34

When I attended Ebrington school there was a post office/newsagents in the village! What will be next to go, the Ebrington Arms ?
Please,SAVE EBRINGTON SCHOOL and SAVE EBRINGTON!

2016-01-28 23:02

My niece and nephew go to a simular school not too far away and are often the heart of the community. In a time where we need more schools and trying to keep less traffic off the roads. Where would they have to commute to

2016-01-29 07:09

Village schools are the heart of the community. They enable parents to meet, kids to make friendships and encourage new generations and families into the area

2016-01-29 07:21

Because we have friends in the area who this could affect.

2016-01-30 16:52

Local schools are important for mothers and children alike.

2016-01-30 17:01

The school is an important part of the Village life.

2016-01-30 17:26

We want to save our Country life and Campden has too much traffic as it is Traffic has spoil the lovely Town as we always remember it .We hope your fight for keeping the School will be successful and we wish you all luck .

2016-01-30 19:28

I believe there should be primary school within rural villages,also if there are plans to build new homes in the green belt,schools will be needed.

2016-01-30 23:42

I am a teacher and understand the impact this would have on children,parents, staff and the community

2016-01-31 10:35

Both my sons went to rural primary schools.They benefited greatly by the individual and dedicated attention given which was only possible in a small school. This put them in good stead to move on to a positive future. DO NOT CLOSE THESE SCHOOLS!!!

2016-01-31 14:58

To protect this wonderful school for my grandchildren and for future generations.

2016-01-31 15:55

I lived next door to St James School for 10 years and the traffic congestion at school opening and closing hours was horrendous!

2016-01-31 18:55

I am Inaya grandfather and I am against the closure of Ebrington School. I have visited this beautiful village of Ebrington this summer, the first thing my granddaughter wanted to show me was her charming new school located in the heart of this village. One thing spring into mind, the world needs schools like this one, don't close it.

2016-01-31 20:00

As a former primary school teacher I am passionate about the need for children to be educated in their own community. Small village schools provide some of the best educational experiences available and Ebrington School is no exception.

2016-01-31 20:03

Viable size, closer contact between staff and parents, reduced traffic congestion around St James school

2016-01-31 20:54

I went to school in a small village and understand how much a primary school means to the community. Schooling younger children locally is very important for their development at the correct pace and for their parent's peace of mind. Please listen to the wished of the parents. Thank you.