Save Ebrington Primary School (Gloucestershire)

/ #134

2016-02-01 11:50

Although I live in Chipping Campden, Ebrington would be our school of choice for when our children are old enough. The reason being is that the quality of teaching in small schools is generally better than in larger schools with a better positive outlook and an important place within the community.

I am aware that a large nursery is due to relocate next door to St. James school. The school already has an ongoing traffic problem, with extra staff and pupils from Ebrington plus nursery staff and parents adding to the chaos I believe it would become a health and safety issue.

As Ofsted have reported, small schools have a positive ethos that fosters "a family atmosphere", "good standards of behaviour" and "close links with parents and the community".

If our children were to attend Ebrington school they would be the 6th generation of their family to do so.

I do not believe they can close Ebrington school on the grounds of unsatisfactory education, due do consistent 'Good' ratings from OFSTED.

I hope the argument against the closure of a successful, vibrant, happy school is strongly considered for the good of the current and future pupils.

Mrs Grace Sabin