Save Ewell Playing Fields

Quoted post

#194 Re:

2014-04-29 23:41

#24: -

Having spent the time reading the full application ,  I totally agree with this comment.    The new ( improved) facilities will offer more facilities for more sports than the  current site offers , in conjunction with an After Care facility.     Cricket, hockey, football, mini-soccer/junior football, are all planned with an All Weather Pitch (AWP) and a natural turf pitch for football, rugby and lacrosse.    The development of the site offers a huge opportunity to expand sports within the borough, with the minimum of impact on the neighbouring residents.

Just as  in business it seems to be a natural response to fight against change, whatever it is.   If the development goes ahead (which I sincerely hope it does) I would bet that two years after completion everyone now against it would change their minds !

Replies

ted

#199 Re: Re: #194

2014-04-30 14:18:43

#194: - Re:

In response to the sports legacy. This deal has nothing to do with the provision of sport but everything to do with the money that will be made.

If they did they would be eviciting one of the oldest amateaur football clubs in London that serves hundres of players from across london and does such great work in the community.

Nor would they reduce the size and quality of the playingfields and exclude cricket from any future plans.

The local schools that use these facilities week in week out also don't see the benefits of destroying this beautful land with a 3 story carehome.

But money makes the world go round. Let's just build on all our remaining green space. Crazy!

In the know

#206 Re: Re:

2014-05-01 11:40:02

#194: - Re:

But we've got several artificial pitches in the locality serving ESC and other hockey clubs.  What we haven't got is many natural grass surfaces like the ones at OSL.  The local recreation officers are crying out for more pitches for soccer and adding the club surrounding - as opposed to a 'park pitch', offers so much more for young and old(er). With respect, to suggest one natural grass pitch can satisfy existing needs for soccer/rugby and lacrosse, is not realistic.  The pitch would not last long!