Pattenmakers

Quoted post

Why exaggerate?

2014-01-12 09:57

Emily - You might want to have a look at the Enterprise website. The pub was up to let last week at £23,450 and £85/barrel discount; now it's on for £21,500 and £61 - a better deal than your're being offered, but less attractive than last week! To be fair should you not just count the extra cost of the things that Enterprise charge for, rather than the total cost? You would always have to pay something for gas engineers, accountants, insurance and so on. I understand the barrel definition, but if something's costing you say £450 why say it's £500?

Replies

claire muldoon

#34 Re:

2014-01-12 10:43:52

#33: Why exaggerate? -

my accountants cost me 1400 per year , were as the accountants we would be forced to use cost 3000 per year , as you are prop aware my husband runs a freehouse so its easy for me to compare prices , the gas testing and all the other add ons would be half the price in an open market , all l want to do is stay at my beloved pattenmakers , lm sorry if you feel that we are exaggerating but l can promise you lm not , strange how the rent has been dropped already that should tell you something about how enterprise operate , take a look at the riflemens in belper now closed and up for sale .2 years ago it was a thriving pub but the rent went up and they couldnt afford to stay, another example is the station inn on midland rd derby dave had been there 28 years just before xmas he just walked away from it , he has lost thousands and he is a broken man ,all l want is to be able to secure a future for my staff , you are welcome to take a look at my books last year my drawings were 12000 pounds on which l have to pay 1200 tax and ni , lve always tried to be honest and hide nothing so please dont think we are trying to pull a fast one , my accountants and dave mountford will be more than happy to talk to you as would l, love claire x