Pattenmakers

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Pattenmakers.

2014-01-06 20:00

AS A LICENSEE IT ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTS ME THAT THE LICENSEES ARE FINANCIALLY PENALISED SO READILY BY LARGE COMPANIES WHO DON'T NEED TO DO THIS

2014-01-06 20:29

I beg you not to limit the success or force closure of this wonderful pub. It genuinely is a truly valued pub in our community and we dearly treasure it

2014-01-06 20:55

such a welcoming pub to everybody, best in Duffield,both the owner and staff are lovely don't let enterprise inns get there ways
MJE

2014-01-06 21:00

Had a delicious Sunday lunch at The Patten yesterday with the kids and tonight after "fat club" had a few celebratory wines with the girls ... the best pub in the whole WORLD!!!!!!
David

2014-01-06 21:19

This is just another example of the appalling abuse this property company dishes out to its hardworking tenants. There are hundreds of such cases, Enterprise Inns being by far the worst but companies such as Punch Taverns, Marstons, Star Inns, Greene King are all heavily criticised for the same practices. The scam is now well-known. Tenants are duped into taking on these onerous tied leases. "Low cost entry to running your own pub business" is the sales pitch. Rents are rapidly hiked and the obligatory supply prices the tenant is forced to pay (with no limit to future increases) reduce the tenant's potential profit to at best little more than subsistence levels. Investment into the property by the property company is notoriously minimal. The tenant is trapped and completely at the mercy of the property company who will attempt to hike the rent knowing that the tenant has little ability or resources to fight it. It has been shown time and time again that tenants trying to defend their business from this rapacious landlord will be further hounded and intimidated out of home and business. Another gullible tenant is induced into the same situation (known as 'the churn'). The only thing that stops the process is when the property company decides it is in their interest to sell the property - usually for alternate use commanding vast profits when sold as a local supermarket or housing. It is a national scandal which requires Government intervention without further delay. To see the extent of the problem simply Google 'Enterprise Inns' combined with ANY placename, and Google will return numerous links to press reports of tenants being evicted and losing everything they have worked for.

David Gale

2014-01-06 23:06

It's time the disgraceful behaviour of the money-grabbing profiteer pub-owning chains was brought to book. They are destroying not just pubs but livelihoods and communities too.

2014-01-07 00:02

It's a great little pub, which welcomes local youth groups to hold their meetings there. We'd really be stuck without it!

2014-01-07 01:42

This is my parents lively hood and iv worked her aswell and I no that it is a very well run pub that is kept alive in this village. My parents have put all there efforts and sweat into this to make it such a loving and friendly environment. My mum has been through so much in the pub. She has suffered breast cancer and still thought her way through it and kept smiling. I'm so proud off them and they shouldn't have to lose what they have worked so hard at just because of the company bein so greedy.

2014-01-07 08:30

The pattenmakers is a fab pub with a great spirit.. It must stay open in Duffield!

2014-01-07 09:45

I would really like to save this pub, with its friendly atmosphere and very friendly staff.

2014-01-07 09:54

I want to save this pub because of the friendly staff and friendly atmosphere.
Jim P.

#12 A Great Pub

2014-01-07 10:42

The Patten is a fantastic Pub, but its Claire, Emily and the rest of the staff that make it what it is. They've worked really hard to make it a warm, friendly place not to mention serving a cracking Pint. Same old story from enterprise, over 40% rise is a joke. To be honest if they have to leave, I just wont go in there anymore.
St Ivian

2014-01-07 14:59

Yet again success in business has been rewarded by greed from the landlords. I have a number of friends that have given up everything to run their own pub/restaurants but all failed because of this kind of greed. Good luck with your appeal and when we are in the area we will calll and have a drink and some food. Very best wishes and good luck for the future.

2014-01-07 15:53

These greedy PubCo's should learn when to support current licencees and not rely on Churn or Management Companies who will rape them blind

2014-01-07 16:27

Lovely pub last time I went and would hate to see it ruined by greedy pubco

2014-01-07 17:12

Great pub...keep it alive!

2014-01-07 17:29

This is my Uncle and Auntys livelihood. I really dont know how the people responsible for making these decisions sleep at night!

2014-01-07 20:20

Save this pub from oblivion courtesy of Enterprise, the rent extortion experts
busty_barmaid

2014-01-07 20:52

they did exactly this to my dad the rent was put up, he was tied to buy from them at high prices. they dictated to him all the time, made false promises of discounts etc, account manager kept changing, they decided to sell property but refused to sell to him. eventually they got him out by making up things and taking him to court. such awful company to gt involved with

2014-01-07 22:58

Pubco bloodsuckers will not be happy until they convert their estate into money in the bank, and to hell with the locals. It's about time the social value of pub losses was adequately considered.

2014-01-08 11:04

Time the accountants who run these pubcos were checked. Perhaps the community could get together and turn it into a community pub...the way forward.

2014-01-08 11:37

Great pub, great beer and lovely atmosphere.

2014-01-08 18:17

Sounds like E I want their cake and eat it!!
Perhaps an individual to approach them on your behalf might help.
claire muldoon

#24 so blessed

2014-01-10 01:40

lm so moved by all the surport , l cant express how humble and moved l feel
BeerGirl

2014-01-10 14:39

These companies are killing local pubs. Work hard, create a true local and then like the big bad wolf, the pubco comes in and takes it all away. They should be ashamed of themselves.