we do not agree with the proposed changes to the lunch break at gable hall school

simon tully

2014-06-10 07:02

This is a ridiculous idea that shouldn't even be trialled. if anything lunch break should just be 40-45 minutes and all colour groups lunch together. otherwise you are causing SEGREGATION

2014-06-10 07:31

I totally disagree with what is proposed and agree with this petition calling to go in year groups rather than colour groups.

2014-06-10 07:40

I feel like this is not fair on the pupils of gable hall school. Not only is dr asong changing everything but she is splitting up friendships as well, many parents are very upset about what she is doing and so are the pupils.

2014-06-10 07:40

I think it is appalling, in our time of school we have 6 hours and altogether we have 55 minutes to chat and rest in 2 breaks, my friends are the ones that help me through the day of school and if dr.asong is ready split us all up, then I will move school

2014-06-10 07:43

My son needs the relaxed social interaction he gets at lunch/break times

2014-06-10 07:44

I think I is breaking up friendships

2014-06-10 07:51

I totally disagree with this as you are splitting friends up and cutting are lesson time

2014-06-10 08:42

I think this is ridiculous dr osong is making this school to be like a military school I don't like her attitude towards the children and some of her rules are a complete waste of time someone needs to act and get her out

2014-06-10 08:52

My daughter came home distraught at the thought she will be separated from her friends. This school is becoming more and more like a robotic institution whereby children's individuality is taken away, there minds and personality controlled and friends dictated by the school. What ever happened to happiness for our children. My daughter is miserable most of the time ... And no it's not because she is a teenager it's because she is controlled :-(

2014-06-10 08:58

I strongly disagree with the proposed changes!

#11 Re:

2014-06-10 09:03

#9: -

i totally understand my daughter feels like this she compared it to hogwarts under the leadership of dolores umbridge. it is a very my way or the highway attitude that the head has and people are really getting fed up with it teachers,kids and parents. my daughter loved school when she first went now she cant wait to leave

2014-06-10 09:29

I went to this school several years ago and I remember I spent almost all my time in my colour group. At lunch time I would meet new people and learn that just because someone was a lower colour than me (I was Violet) it didn't mean they were dumb or boring or anything negative. I spent my time hanging out with those of other year groups too, I still have friends to this day from years above and below me and my now boyfriend was in a different colour group to me.
It is important that people learn that you need to interact with lots of different people, not only so that they improve their social skills and friendships, but so that they know how to talk to different people in the work place. If you tell someone "You can only spend time with the people we think you are as intelligent as" you will cause a multitude of problems. Those in higher sets will learn that other people are inferior than them, therefore they don't need to spend time with them and lower sets will have the idea that they aren't good enough reinforced once again.
This is a preposterous idea and I hope that the school does not implement it.

#13 Re:

2014-06-10 09:50

#12: -

its not the colour groups but house groups eg wonder,bustle etc but your point is very valid thankyou

2014-06-10 09:52

Why change something that has worked for years! Children enjoy meeting with friends from different classes and years which is good for there social skills. Stop using children as guinea pigs for useless trials - it's a waste of time and could be damaging for morale for the whole school!

2014-06-10 09:56

This is ridiculous. Why don't they just stop there lunch time instead of dictating what they can and can't do in their own time. They cannot stop children socializing in their time. I think this is a bad move on their part and as result this may force parents into thinking about their decision of where to send their child to school.

2014-06-10 09:56

The only change needed is to increase the lunchtime by at least another 10 minutes - the children, especially the younger ones, really struggle to get a chance to eat in the very short time they have - leaving them hungry, and unable to concentrate in lessons.

2014-06-10 12:07

Do not agree with splitting lunch x

2014-06-10 13:16

Socializing time is very important to kids, lunchtime is a time for this when the students are not in lessons with their friends .

2014-06-10 13:18

I have an unhappy daughter too, her little group of lovely friends are all in different house groups, its not fair to split them up, they could end up alone. I have contacted the school as it tells you to do so in the letter, im awaiting my call from Mr Stevens. Everyone should call the school too to voice their concerns, hopefully they will change their plans. Please let them choose their own friends Gable Hall, break time is their time, socializing with their friends is an important part of growing up too!!!

2014-06-10 14:48

I think that the new idea for lunchtime isn't fair because not only is dr Asong going to be Splitting up friendship groups she is also going to be cutting into our lesson time

2014-06-10 15:00

I disagree with the changes , but I am also confused . If they are going in their house groups are they pulling certain pupils out of classes at different times?

2014-06-10 15:30

I think that the children should spend their free lunch times with who ever they want to. I propose that instead of what may be implemented children should lunch in their year groups instead
Thank you
Kelly

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2014-06-10 15:41

2014-06-10 16:02

Don't want this to happen
disagreeing lady

2014-06-10 17:15

Disagree completely. For a start 30 minutes is not long enough for a decent break for kids to leave lessons, get their lunch, eat and go to the toilet if need be. Adults find it hard enough in 30 minutes so it will be tougher for kids. I have worked in a school where less than 30 minutes was given for break and kids did not eat properly and not suitably rested. There is probably another agenda ie squeezing in another lesson or getting more out of staff!