BRING BACK THE DEATH SENTENCE TO BRITAIN!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition BRING BACK THE DEATH SENTENCE TO BRITAIN!.

2013-12-18 22:32

if you take a life why the bloody hell should you keep your life on us tax payers. man up britain.

2013-12-19 06:24

I think it's wrong how murderers go to prison and get 3 meals a day, a roof over their heads, a bed to sleep in, computer games and pool tables to play with... Spread this petition and let's do something about it!!

2013-12-19 08:44

If they have taken a life they do not deserve to live. Why should tax payers pay around 45 grand a year to keep these low life scum. Pedophile s shoud also be on death row.

2013-12-19 09:23

Just got to happen
Petition creator

2013-12-19 09:25

Please can you share this petition on your Facebook pages guys and get this petition more known, soon as I have enough signatures I will travel down to London and hand this petition in personally at Number 10 Downing Street! We have been too soft of a country for far too long now and I agree with your comments guys something needs to be done!

2013-12-19 12:30

Simple life for a Life!! Not life then let out after 20 years for good behaviour and new identity given!!

#7 Re:

2013-12-19 12:44

#6: -

Which is exactly what happens all the time! People will argue against Capital Punishment saying it's wrong, but why is it? There are 4 ways it can be done humanely, if you take a life then what right do you have for your own

2013-12-19 13:58

where there is no doubt, the death sentence should apply, this country is too soft

2013-12-19 14:30

Sign it. We need this back

2013-12-19 15:40

Why should the tax payers pay for these sick people to be in prison, especially when you see on TV that prison isn't quite punishment these days. Convicts should be reprimanded correctly for their actions! If someone is faced with the death sentence maybe they'd think twice about their actions. Undo to others as they have undo to you!!!!
heart and mind

#11 why

2013-12-19 16:09

taking a life is never right, especially not for malice or revenge, people who want the death penalty are twisted. Let human rights be a basic provision for all, and let our focus be on the victims. Murder on their behalf will not alleviate the damage done to them, lets focus on their NEEDS a different way. Cant believe people on here want to move back to an antiquated system of capital punishment.
would you want a state that can legitimately murder?
David Metcalfe
The author of this petition

#12 Re: why

2013-12-19 16:21

#11: heart and mind - why

The Death Penalty is not there for Revenge or Malice, it's quite simple when you look at it, if you take a life then your own human rights should not be granted. Over £45,000 a year is spent on one prisoner while they are serving time inside (paid for by the taxpayer) these include prisoners that are Terrorists, Child Killers, Peadophiles, serial killers etc etc. Some of which are serving a full life sentence so i ask you £45,000 a year on some prisoners that will never ever be released is that money wasted or well spent? Also regularly you hear of prisoners who have got to inmates inside and slashed them or prisoners that go on hunger strikes etc, news which is then put through the Media and the victims families get to hear, why would they want to hear this when all they want is closure and the rest of their lives to remember their victims through good memories and not to have it disrupted. Capital Punishment can be issued in 4 Humane ways which is quick and less painful. If you believe that Capital Punishment shouldn't exist and the current Justice System is correct then that's your opinion and i respect that, but we also have nearly 100 signatures of peole who disagree.

heart and mind

#13 Re: Re: why

2013-12-19 17:23

#12: David Metcalfe - Re: why

Death is humane, i hope your research concluded how many people in the american system wrongly get put on death row every year, our desire for revenge under the guise of 'justice' clouds our objective moral judgement, the problem of inpartial due process an in inperfect system. This is why we have Human Rights, because persons needs protection from states, which are inperfect. I know how much the system costs, i know the recidivism rate, i understand the failures of reform. Do you know the total cost of unpaid corporation tax, if we collected all that would the cost of a life matter more as it is not being 'paid for' by you, is the cost of social security to high for you too, should we counterpose that to human life or detract the huge cost of our military intevention, should re also reclaim the cost of foreign aid?

Is your motivation cost or vengance, because it is not the 'criminals' waisting money, but the government. Maybe you shoud focus your moral guise on the concept of harm, and the attempt to reduce it. Yes Reform Justice, but no to handing away our humanity - murder cannot redeem murder -

What would I do? Spend more to support victims and their families, to repare bonds, fix psyhological suffering to allow them to regain their strengh, allow them to forget the offender, and gain closure. And model our prison system on a scandanavian model, teach criminals humanity, and to be moral.

I can find no redemtion in murder, or a socierty of murderers. Give me the strengh to help others, not redeem murder in their wake.

David Metcalfe

#14 Re: Re: Re: why

2013-12-19 17:36

#13: heart and mind - Re: Re: why

Our morals and humanity were taken away when we joined the EU without a Referendum. You can spend all the money you like on repairing the psychological damage to victims families, but what about the victims themselves who are cruelly taken away? Every time there is a child killed by a Peadophile or a Terrorist plants a bomb and kills innocent people you always hear the same outcry ' They should be hanged!' In my opinion i don't think that it's murder of a Murderer, but life for a life! What right do they have once they have committed such an awful crime, none whatsoever. The current government is the main reason why crimes like this are happening because they are too soft, bring back Capital Punishment and tougher laws and offenders will think twice! And yes we do pay for Prisoners welfare inside where else do you think the money comes from? This country has been too soft for far too long and now is the time to say enough is enough!!

heart and mind

#15 Subject

2013-12-19 18:58

Just to point out, the The Universal Declaration of Human Rights are set by the UN not the EU. The CJS is supposed to be impartial, not 'listen to outcry's'. A Life for a life, and you mean the code of Lex Talionis?
So this is not about money, or you would target GOOGLE, STARBUCKS, VODAFONE, AMAZON, bankers etc
You also think that the government being too soft, is more of a determinant for crime than say inequality.
You think venables should just have been murdered at age 12? not responsible enough to drink or have sex, but responsible enough to be tried as an adult? Thus the law is already adapted to suit the masses, but can the masses demand vengeance in the guise of justice? mob rule..

You put a price on life today - £45,000, and provided a list of people who this this way

I hope for your sake people show you more compassion and humanity than you would afford to them
David Metcalfe

2013-12-19 19:16

Firstly can I just point out that this petition has nothing at all to do with corporations who dodge paying tax that would be a completely different petition altogether! It's because of this country being strict and not having the capital punishment that crimes and terrorism is happening! Going back to Humane do you think the killers thought of a humane way to kill drummer lee Rigby when they publicly slain him in his own country in public view!? Do you think they gave two shits on how many children witnessed it or others who would be psychologically damaged because of it? The 3 political parties have all got blood on their hands through illegal wars for money, to be honest my opinion is not based on saving money but facts and common sense! It's people like you and liberal left wing views of why this country is the way it is. Withdrawing from the EU is just a start of getting this country back on track again. Capitalism has absolutely nothing to do with this but the right necessary justice for victims and their families! And as for trying a 12 year old yes I would! If you do the crime expect to do the time or recieve the punishment associated with it!
David Metcalfe

2013-12-19 19:17

Oh and as for my sake I'm not sick an twisted enough to commit such a crime! Now go away and donate your £2 a month to Africa

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2013-12-19 21:31