BRING BACK THE DEATH SENTENCE TO BRITAIN!

Quoted post

David Metcalfe
The author of this petition

#12 Re: why

2013-12-19 16:21

#11: heart and mind - why

The Death Penalty is not there for Revenge or Malice, it's quite simple when you look at it, if you take a life then your own human rights should not be granted. Over £45,000 a year is spent on one prisoner while they are serving time inside (paid for by the taxpayer) these include prisoners that are Terrorists, Child Killers, Peadophiles, serial killers etc etc. Some of which are serving a full life sentence so i ask you £45,000 a year on some prisoners that will never ever be released is that money wasted or well spent? Also regularly you hear of prisoners who have got to inmates inside and slashed them or prisoners that go on hunger strikes etc, news which is then put through the Media and the victims families get to hear, why would they want to hear this when all they want is closure and the rest of their lives to remember their victims through good memories and not to have it disrupted. Capital Punishment can be issued in 4 Humane ways which is quick and less painful. If you believe that Capital Punishment shouldn't exist and the current Justice System is correct then that's your opinion and i respect that, but we also have nearly 100 signatures of peole who disagree.

Replies

heart and mind

#13 Re: Re: why

2013-12-19 17:23:56

#12: David Metcalfe - Re: why

Death is humane, i hope your research concluded how many people in the american system wrongly get put on death row every year, our desire for revenge under the guise of 'justice' clouds our objective moral judgement, the problem of inpartial due process an in inperfect system. This is why we have Human Rights, because persons needs protection from states, which are inperfect. I know how much the system costs, i know the recidivism rate, i understand the failures of reform. Do you know the total cost of unpaid corporation tax, if we collected all that would the cost of a life matter more as it is not being 'paid for' by you, is the cost of social security to high for you too, should we counterpose that to human life or detract the huge cost of our military intevention, should re also reclaim the cost of foreign aid?

Is your motivation cost or vengance, because it is not the 'criminals' waisting money, but the government. Maybe you shoud focus your moral guise on the concept of harm, and the attempt to reduce it. Yes Reform Justice, but no to handing away our humanity - murder cannot redeem murder -

What would I do? Spend more to support victims and their families, to repare bonds, fix psyhological suffering to allow them to regain their strengh, allow them to forget the offender, and gain closure. And model our prison system on a scandanavian model, teach criminals humanity, and to be moral.

I can find no redemtion in murder, or a socierty of murderers. Give me the strengh to help others, not redeem murder in their wake.