#Black Arts Matter - Save The Drum

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition #Black Arts Matter - Save The Drum.

2016-04-02 19:09

I have signed because the drum is useful for the community in Newtown & the surrounding areas for young people. Its been used in the past for good entertainment, social & cultural events for all ages.

2016-04-02 19:34

The Drum is a vital centre for the community. It is unique and is an important resource for young people in the area. The Drum promotes and showcases a whole range of diverse activities for the community. It's the only venue in the West Midlands that does specifically. If The Drum closes it will be a huge loss to Birmingham.

2016-04-02 19:48

I'm shocked and devastated that something so precious will be taken away from our community what is positive.

2016-04-02 20:17

I enjoy going to the drum its locally and I enjoy the events it hosts.

2016-04-02 20:20

I regularly attend events at the drum and find that it plays a fundamental role in the community, showcasing very inspirational, educational and diverse shows that benefit me personally and the birmingham society as a whole.

2016-04-02 20:25

I signed this petition cause the drum is so important for the young people of today, there have so much going on there for different ages, there is not much left in Birmingham for the young people to do

2016-04-02 20:42

To save the drum!

2016-04-02 20:44

To help save drum, it is good that the petition is put to public via this way,

2016-04-02 21:02

Live Black Fro Caribbean Music, Ethnic and Indian Comedy and Cuisine, Comedy that made me laugh until i felt great for day?! This place is a tonic and a warm heart for Ethnicity and well needed diversity in Birmingham and you and i know it!! Give it a chance and keep it open please!! Try an Ethnic Museum of Indian and Caribbean Art and Culture in it and sepiously see how good it can be. Science Museum became the Think Tank which is always busy and successful. Come on!!! You know what i am saying! It really is not rocket science!!!

2016-04-02 21:38

Because there are very few places that support our young black artists today and also this is one of the very few venues that your supported at.

2016-04-02 22:10

We need to keep the Drum in the Black Community . However it needs to be run by good management and ensure they have the skills to do the job

2016-04-02 22:13

I am a true believer in the creative arts. What worries me though and it needs to be voiced is why have the wider community of all ethnic groups not been for many years supporring events at The Drum? I for one am tired of the lack of support the Drum and other venues that cater for black artistes get despite always disseminating information. Perhaps people will now wake up to reality and realise if they do not use these facilities they will lose them.
Goblin

2016-04-02 23:13

I was saddened to hear the news that The Drum may potentially close. Please let's keep the place where artists, workshops and other special  events take place open. This is a place where myself and others feel happy to put on their gladrags and go to to listen to good music. Please don't close The Drum. Reading the endless comments says it all!

2016-04-02 23:39

I've preformed there before myself and know of many performances that have taken place over the years. It would be a shame to close down.

2016-04-02 23:57

It has to remain open for our younger generation.

2016-04-03 03:34

Black ppl must have a venue to be proud of

2016-04-03 05:08

I have been a member of the Drum first some years now and attend most of the events that take place there. It is an integral part of the black community and people come from as far away as London to the events that take place at the Drum. There is nothing like it for black people in the Midlands and both children and adults alike participate in events at the Drum and it has been instrumental in keeping children and young people away from crime . It has also given them a platform for their future careers. I am willing to do all I can to keep the Drum open for good. Daisy Brown.

2016-04-03 07:22

This is and should continue to be, an essential part of the Black community. It is a provider of information, recreation and leisure activities which often, cannot be accessed elsewhere.
Over many years, it has subsequently become an iconic cultural hub, of great significance.
Danny.

2016-04-03 07:36

It would be a disaster if the Drum closed down. As a community the Drum has held comedy nights, plays, dances and more. The facilities and location are good.

2016-04-03 07:57

As a teacher in a school with many students from diverse backgrounds, I've brought groups to the drum and would be very disappointed if the support was not found to keep it open.

2016-04-03 08:28

I agree with the author that we need to keep this cultural centre open for the BME which serves beyond the borders of BIrmingham and is an integral venue for the north of Birmingham schools, community and economy.

2016-04-03 08:29

I think the drum is a great community place that offers lots of activities and functions for the local community. It would be a great loss to the people of Birmingham if it were to go. From Theresa

2016-04-03 08:31

We need something for our community that will represent us and help us to grow in music and artwork

2016-04-03 08:35

Birmingham has NOTHING for black people...

2016-04-03 08:38

We need the venue, service and facilties that the drum provides to the ethnic minority community for us to creatively express our selves and more importantly educate ourselves of our rich heritage.

To provide a platform for current and future generations to develop and air their talents.