Reinstate Elvis' name on the "USS Arizona"

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Reinstate Elvis' name on the "USS Arizona".

2016-01-05 18:58

How to dare to dishonor Elvis so by knowing what he(it) brought for this mémorial !!

2016-01-05 19:05

The reason I signed this petition is that without Elvis the Arizona Memorial would not have existed. His concert there in 1961 helped raise valuable funds and he donated all revenue to the Memorial. Elvis even paid for his own ticket. Elvis deserves to be mentioned at the Memorial for his patriotic contribution to the U.S. Navy and its war heroes both alive and deceased.

2016-01-05 20:07

Elvis has been treated disgustingly by the Rangers who run the memorial, like overgrown boy scouts. I politely enquired where the plaque was commemorating Elvis' part in this memorial, & was told if I wanted Elvis to go to Graceland. I replied I'd just come from Graceland, & was told "Elvis played a very small part in the memorial"..

2016-01-05 20:14

ELVIS' concert made the memorial possible. Therefore, his name should be placed at the memorial commemorating that fact.

2016-01-05 20:39

The only reason as to why I know that there is a memorial for Pearl Habour is because of the Elvis benefit concert. If the storie is true that the reason Elvis is not mentioned (even though he was a very patriotic man, and the biggest single contribuer to tish sight) then those in charge of that desision should be ashamed of themself. How many people should be erased from history if everyone with a drug or alcohol or sex problem should be erased (Johnny Cash , Beatles, Bill Clinton, Rolling Stones, Marilyn Monroe + many talkshow hosts, actors, athlets etc.), just because people have an addition doesn't mean that we shouldn 't thank them for the good they do. Let those who has comitted no sin, throw the first Stone, isn't that what Christian people should live by, get Elvis back on that wall where he rightly belong!

2016-01-05 21:00

i signed this because elvis should be honored for raising funds to build this memorial
millions of people visit pearl harbour my self included like people visit Graceland its about time that the country elvis loved honoured him for what he's aceived in the world of music and the kind and caring person he was
long live the king elvis

2016-01-05 21:24

Because Elvis was a wonderful man with a big heart ! How can you not mention about such donors ?!

2016-01-05 21:35

Self righteous people in Congress had the plaque taken down that credited Elvis with helping build memorial. It is time to right this wrong and give credit where credit is due.

2016-01-05 22:07

He deserves credit! Love Elvis!

2016-01-05 23:05

Everything Elvis - everyday Elvis, today - tomorrow and forever!

2016-01-05 23:30

Elvis did much to ensure this memorial was built when donations to its construction stalled. We all have shortfalls in our private lives, and if Elvis is denied because he consumed prescribed drugs, then, look at yourself, and be the first to cast a stone. To deny Elvis and his contribution is indeed very wrong.

2016-01-05 23:52

In addition to all the tributes that have been bestowed  upon him through his   membership in nine Music Hall of Fames,    several  non music magazines   and publications have highlighted  Presley's  enormous artistic and humanitarian contributions and   have therefore  ranked him amongst the most significant Americans in the XXth Century.  

Here are just a few examples:

• In 2005, LIFE Magazine highlighted Elvis' advent in 1956, and the rock and roll revolution he ignited and included them in a special issue published in September of 2005 and which they named "The 100 events that shook our world: a history of Pictures in the last 100 years".
  • In 2005, the BBC-2 explored how photography had influenced world events and named the people who had been most influential  in a 10 episode television series entitled "The World's most photographed".
  • In 2006, the "Atlantic Magazine"" ranked him the #66th most influential American ever
  • In 2008, the MIT-launched "Pantheon" programme, which maps historical cultural production, ranked him the 117th most significant person, of any nationality, since 4,000 BC.
  • In 2010, LIFE Magazine ranked him #96 in their list of the 100 people who changed the world. 
  • In 2014, the "Smithsonian" Magazine"  issued a listing of the 100 most significant Americans of all time.
  • In 2015, "National Geographic Magazine" deemed his advent (and that of Rock Music) in 1956 an event of such importance, that it ranked #79 in their list of the 100 most significant events that changed the world since time began. 

2016-01-06 00:37

Elvis was proud of his part in the USS Arizona memorial. He was a proud American and deserved to be remembered for his part.

2016-01-06 01:05

Elvis had s huge heart and he gave a lot of Monet to build the memorial. Look at all the good he.has done, charities he gives to. Did he have a problem with prescription medication, who is to say exactly. Hollywood at that the has so many ststd taking precipitation meds , Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe, etc. O don't believe u should judge him. He also served.our country..how many ate now on meds because of this. When he Gabe u the money u glady took it!??!!!!! It is wrong to leave his name off. Put it back where it belongs or check everyone who donated for drug abuse

2016-01-06 01:37

Without Elvis' contribution, the memorial would not have been completed. He served his time in the army and his name belongs back where it once was! It should never have been removed previously.

2016-01-06 02:33

Elvis should have nev r been removed.

2016-01-06 02:34

Because Elvis helped raise money to fund this project and his name should be shown.

2016-01-06 07:37

Elvis is an American if not a world icon, everyone knows who Elvis is and the fact that he went out of his way to do a benefit concert to help raise funds for the memorial, his name should be on it. We all do things that we shouldn't and are not always proud of but after nearly 40 years since the death of Elvis his name still lives on, and I have been to a few Elvis tribute acts and it is amazing to see that Elvis has a following both young and old and that is why I have signed this petition

2016-01-06 07:41

Because a great man who throughout his life gave so much to others deserves to be remembered for the fine humanitarian that he was..no man is perfect and Elvis never professed to be but what he was, was a caring, kind and sensitive man that treated everyone as equals, regardless of his own personal problems.
He shared his talent to raise awareness, not just the 'USS Arizona' but of many other great causes and gave of his own personal wealth many many times to help others and that deserves to be remembered not just in his lifetime but for century's to come. The boy from Tupelo done good.

2016-01-06 11:27

BECAUSE ANY THING FOR DEAR ELVIS PRESEY AMEN TCBNTCP XOXO DARLENE

2016-01-06 11:31

What an appalling & petty minded decision, so much rubbish is written, so much is mere rumour & connection, and the man himself has never been able to defend himself. Indeed more & more evidence is appearing to show how genuinely ill he was & a chronic pain sufferer. It's amazing he went on as long as he did with his punishing work schedule. Put him back on now hard hearted people.

2016-01-06 11:32

He was the reason the "USS Arizona" was completed. He gave his time, money and music to making the memorial happen. When he was told it needed money he straight away offered to do the concert to raise the funds needed. He was shown all around the world and made it known to people who had never even heard of the "USS Arizona".

2016-01-06 12:29

This really burns me up and Elvis's name should be added back!!

2016-01-06 12:50

Elvis name should be on this ship USS Arizona because he helped raise money for memorial.If you didnt like his life style why did you take his money?I guess you had know problem taking it did you.
It is an insult to Elvis Presley. Shame on you all!!

2016-01-06 12:58

Guss you had know problem takng the money Elvis Presley gave you for the USS Arizona.

If you had a problem with his life style why take the money. 

Shame,Shame on you all!!!

What an insult to Elvis Presley