Keep Mytchett Sure Start Open

Keep Mytchett Sure Start Open / Announcements / Awareness is increasing but we need to keep going . . . / Comments

2015-02-11 20:35

Hey Lucy, I don't know if it will help much but Mytchett Sure Start was the reason I got out of the house when I was a first time mum with my daughter Beth. I think my neighbour suggested it and when I phoned to find out, Julie came round to introduce herself and the centres classes. Because I am quite shy she said she would be a familiar face for me when I first came. Then when I did start coming i met Elaine and found it the friendliest, loveliest place to go when I needed a chat. I made use of the new mums class, the massage and dance classes. I had had a traumatic birth experience and this was the first place I felt able to share my story. I didn't know these places existed before I was a mum and I thank God they were there, they were the most perfect support when I needed it most. I am so sad that they might close because I knew where I would be going with any of Beth's future siblings. I would sing their praises to any new mum I know.

2015-02-12 14:05

Hi Lucy
We have also handed out slips of paper with the links for the petition in the school playground at Mytchett Primary
Julie