Stop the Bird Menace

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop the Bird Menace.

Frustrated Resident

#51 Stop The Bird Menace

2014-07-24 08:42

NLC need to act now. The seagulls are the reason that garden bird numbers are in decline as they eat their eggs and with such high numbers of seagulls in the area the garden birds can't reproduce fast enough to keep up their numbers it's shocking that they are being allowed to overpopulate our town. The " Recycling" plant is the most shocking thing that this Council has bestowed upon this town it is nothing more than a health hazard on a grand scale attracting Rats in huge numbers which carry the risk to humans by potentially risking the spread of Rabies and other harmful diseases if not controlled. This facility needs to be shut down or be moved to a more suitable location away from all residential areas. Yes NLC if you were to actually come to this town and look around the train station the problem is there in full view, I travel from the Greenfaulds station as the Rats and Seagulls are just to disgusting the place is crawling with them is this how we wish to welcome visitors to our town. The seagulls attacking residents and small children is the final straw in my eyes as this says that the situation is out of control they are vermin along with rats and need to be treated as such in residential areas.

2014-07-24 17:30

Flying rat's attacking me when I walk my dogs the population of gulls has increased massively since the recycling plant moved into the premises south of the area
Irene McGettigan

2014-07-24 17:43

Having lived a lage part of my life in Kilbowie road I can day that yes we have had gull there for years but the problem is 100 times worse since Dows moved in and that their lack of concern for their neighbours has made this an unbearable problem but it Appears as long as it's not in Motherwell Airdrie or Coatbridges backyard they don't care the worse thing we ever did was become part of North Lannarkshire

2014-07-26 21:00

I have been unable to get a full nights sleep in the last 6 weeks due to the noise they are making. My car is constantly being splodged on causing problems with the paintwork due to the acidic nature of them. The worst part for me is the attacks we are getting from the seagulls. As soon as we walk out our door they are swooping down on us and attacking. Sick of having to run for cover just trying to get in and out of my own home. About time the council did something about this.

2014-07-27 10:31

They probably wont do as much as there is young already.. so need to keep the campaign going so we don't have to deal with this same poop year in year out.

2014-07-27 10:40

Also the ones saying it's dows fault.. need to remember we've had this problem for years.. although dow have some blame in it.. the over flowing bins at all the fast food places.. residents who allow their bin to over flow (fortnightly pickup somewhat to blame).. lazy gits dumping outside flats... or at the end of the streets.. parents not teaching there kids to use bins or pulling them up when they drop litter. If there is no source or very little source of food and the council had a plan of action to get rid of the nests at the early stages the problem would be reduced.

2014-07-27 15:52

The birds are a menace and a danger to any 1 walking by and the mess they make of your car is terrible

2014-07-27 15:53

Myself and my family have not had a decent nights sleep in minths because of them.sick of this as my kids are young.theyr toilet is ruining paintwork on the car!! aswell as Kids outside toys not to add that i also need to watch kids in garden incase they touch any of garden stuff soiled with theyr toilet. They also swoop at myself and kids for food. Sick and tired of this.

2014-07-27 16:13

These seagulls are a huge problem & have definitely got worse over the past 2-3 years. I have a small dog & a baby & leaving the house to go for a walk is becoming increasingly difficult as the gulls are swooping down & attacking us! Something needs to be done. Also they start being noisy around 4am - so that's our whole house up by 5am - as they wake my 10 month old up!

#60 Seagulls in Greenrigg Road

2014-07-27 16:57

The noise of these birds all day, especially between 11.30p.m - 3.00 am is terrible. Trying to sleep with windows open is terrible. They terrify adults, children and animals with their constant swooping during day, not to mention the excrement all over gardens and cars.
It is time the council did something what are we paying council tax for?

2014-07-27 17:22

nest on every house roof in torbrex. Hundreds of them,get the vermin away from us all. We will end up with a disease with all that bird poo!!!!!!

2014-07-28 18:43

Swarmed with seagulls cconstantly. They are loud during the night and are skavenging constantly.

2014-07-29 06:06

Sick of being woken up all through the night by squawking seagulls in Kildrum before having to get up at 5am for work. Also fed up of their dirt all over my windows.

2014-08-01 14:53

It is not just Cumbernauld who has this problem with Seagulls. We have the same issue here is Stepps and it is getting worse by the minute.