Consultation on Wildlife Crime Investigative Powers for the SSPCA

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Consultation on Wildlife Crime Investigative Powers for the SSPCA.

2014-06-23 17:48

the spca want to do the powers that they have now legally with the correct protocall they were given not just to make the target sheet ,the mps who gave them this power should actually get a higher governing body to install that it is all done legally and if not they should get investigated for it ? not heres a law get on with it they are a charity at the end of the day

2014-06-24 13:01

the sspca have been little to No use on a veey large case im.involved in and dnt even use the powers they have so why give them more power to abuse when it suits them make the sspca a charity n not a business again n it might work

2014-06-24 13:45

Crimes should only be investigated by trained police. A warrant should be issued before entering private property.

2014-06-24 13:57

The SSPCA are very power hungry and target driven, they will only abuse this power. They are a charity not the police. Yes animals need protected but sometimes the innocent public do to!

#5 5

2014-06-24 21:27

From the times I've been involved with the SSPCA they have been very professional and carried out the investigations to a high standard. I'm all for them getting increased powers to investigate wildlife crime. This petition seems to stem from a disgruntled person who has been prosecuted by the SSPCA. From another law enforcement official.

2014-06-26 14:33

Powers are ONLY for official bodies and the sspca is NOT. They are a self appointed group and nothing more.

2014-06-28 20:05

Write a comment...

#8 Re: 5

2014-07-01 19:40

#5: - 5

Baws.

#9 Re: 5

2014-07-03 06:42

I have never been prosecuted by the SSPCA, but have witnessed firsthand the lies and the bullying tactics employed. I am sure there are some working for the charity who really believe the make a difference to some animals lives for the better but in the main it is target driven for prosecutions. Unfortunately it is some of the female inspectors who are the worst bullies and have little or no knowledge about what they are investigating. No interest in the people connected with the animals just get a case to court. So many cases have been lost by the SSPCA and many animals returned which shows they should never have been taken in the first place. An animal died and another was badly injured while in their 'care' and the owners have not been notified even though the animal has not been signed over. How can this be justified? There needs to be an independent body there to investigate the SSPCA. That should be the case now not when they are given even more powers. They are responsible to no-one and investigate complaints internally. You know what used to happen when that was the case with the Police??

#10 Re: 5

2014-07-03 06:47

The Police have highly trained wildlife Officers. They are the ones who should continue to investigate wildlife crime not people who have no appropriate trainiing for the job they do now. how can they cope professionally with further powers. Oops I forgot they are not a profession they are a Charity

#11 Re: 5

2014-07-07 02:53

Not true at all, and a highly offensive assertion. The SSPCA are target-driven and rewarded per prosecution a system that is ripe for corruption and abuse (this is not hyperbole, but an ascertainable fact). They are not legally-trained nor always officially-trained in the care of specific animals that they are aiming to 'assess'. As a charity I'm all for animal welfare, but the lines are far too blurred as it is. More powers without appropriate training and reform are dangerous. I'm extremely worried based on the experiences of LAW-ABIDING, compassionate and well-educated people- both people I am acquainted with and people whose stories I've learned about through social media. It seems that nobody is safe, let alone the actual animals by the time they've been put through the system by, often completely inexperienced, persons who should be guarding their welfare.

#12 Re: Re: 5

2014-07-07 15:02

#11: - Re: 5

SSPCA Inspectors are legally trained as much as Police constables are. I have personal experience of both agency's.  What makes you say the SSPCA are target driven and rewarded per prosecution. What a lot of waffle you have typed. ☺

2014-08-12 14:15

They should have every power needed, to stop wildlife crime or any other animal crime. ASAP.

#14 Re: 5

2014-11-12 18:30

She's a disgruntled busy body with nothing more to do with her time. She has no formal animal care qualifications nor legal qualifications. In fact, she's a danger to most animals in need of protection. You should read her facebook page where she advises people to sell their animals to friends if they are banned from keeping them. Ridiculous and dangerous advice. 

The SSPCA should have more powers not less to allow them to deal swiftly and effectively with abuse of animals.  The courts should also have tougher sentencing.

#15 Re: Re: Re: 5

2014-11-12 18:49

#12: - Re: Re: 5 

She's well known for her ludicrous statements.  What she doesn't tell everyone is that her "friend" was fined for not getting veterinary care to her horses.  She likes to keep that part quiet. She's also held meetings this year to bad mouth the SSPCA.  Oddly enough, the equestrian establishment she held these meetings at are now under investigation for horrendous abuse to equines.  Yet, the owner of this petition is still backing that equestrian establishment. The abuse is horrendous. If you google Kingsbarn Equestrian Centre Falkirk the news reports are all over the internet.

2014-12-27 11:22

as someone who got there babies taken away from her for no reason other then minor skin and flea problem and treating them with home remedies instead of taking them to the vet. they need to be stopped, they are complete bullies who make you feel like an ant because to them you werent doing things right and the animals were suffering which is complete bullshit

#17 Re:

2015-01-14 16:05

#2: -  

God your grammer is terrible.