Consultation on Wildlife Crime Investigative Powers for the SSPCA

Quoted post

#11 Re: 5

2014-07-07 02:53

#5: - 5

Not true at all, and a highly offensive assertion. The SSPCA are target-driven and rewarded per prosecution a system that is ripe for corruption and abuse (this is not hyperbole, but an ascertainable fact). They are not legally-trained nor always officially-trained in the care of specific animals that they are aiming to 'assess'. As a charity I'm all for animal welfare, but the lines are far too blurred as it is. More powers without appropriate training and reform are dangerous. I'm extremely worried based on the experiences of LAW-ABIDING, compassionate and well-educated people- both people I am acquainted with and people whose stories I've learned about through social media. It seems that nobody is safe, let alone the actual animals by the time they've been put through the system by, often completely inexperienced, persons who should be guarding their welfare.

Replies

#12 Re: Re: 5

2014-07-07 15:02:42

#11: - Re: 5

SSPCA Inspectors are legally trained as much as Police constables are. I have personal experience of both agency's.  What makes you say the SSPCA are target driven and rewarded per prosecution. What a lot of waffle you have typed. ☺