Parents Opposed to the proposed 1515 finish

Quoted post

2014-07-02 14:26

This change to the school hours is another 'challenge' to the incredibly supportive parents and carers of Estfeld.
Re: previous comment above. Estfeld was an outstanding school at the last inspection in 2007, under Mr Atkinson. The school has not had an inspection under the current head. The results Estfeld pupils get are as much about the catchment of the school and the emotional and financial investments (Y6 maths) made by the parents and carers.
Parents and carers are being worn down by the autocratic governence of the school, and the head risks losing a great deal of goood will if she continues with her policies that punish the majority, when a minority have caused a problem.
There are other areas to investigate - votes of no confidence in the Governors or Head?

Replies

#22 Re:

2014-07-02 18:54:52

#20: -

Good line of protest great idea if no agreeable conclusion is found on Tuesday at the meeting

Annoyed

#25 Re:

2014-07-02 23:23:24

I totally agree with this, my eldest child attended Estfeld when Mr Atkinson was the head and it was a lovely environment, whereas my youngest who has only experienced the current head teacher is forever worrying about having the correct pe kit/hair style/packed lunch.

My point is that taking away their afternoon break is another step forward to her 'military school' style and ruining what was a lovely school, and also taking away our children's childhoods! Let them be children! I totally disagree with it. I would like to see another 'outstanding' Ofsted report under her ruling. Doubtful though! 

Unbiased onlooker

#26 Re: 'Vote of no confidence' - really!?

2014-07-02 23:47:16

I suggest that everyone present their concerns, in person, calmly and rationally at the upcoming meeting, where both sides can be heard.

Public debate (anonymously) of other unrelated issues beyond the immediate 15:15 issue is not helping.

A 'vote of no confidence'? Please keep a perspective!