Parents Opposed to the proposed 1515 finish

Quoted post

2014-07-01 18:18

I think it is important for parents to have their say and have an opinion. However, I do think that such public criticism is unhelpful and indeed damaging. The decision to change the school day has not been taken lightly and will never suit everyone. The new rational is a good one and does fall in line with many other schools. The school seems to have considered all options and suggested solutions to many of the problems. It might be worth, at this point, reminding parents that their children are attending an outstanding school. In fact it is one of the highest performing primary schools in the country. The standards required to sustain this level cannot be underestimated and the staff and headteacher work tirelessly to give your children exceptional educational standards. All I ask is you spare a thought for them when this debate is played out in such a public way. Outstanding headteachers are not easy to come by and recruitment to headteacher posts is challenging. By all means have your say and have your opinions heard but please consider the big picture and the potential damage that can be done through public forums like this. As far as I can see due practice and procedure has been followed. A consultation has taken place, the governors have made a decision and nothing illegal has occurred. I am sure that the school and headteacher would be happy to talk through some of the problems this change seems to have thrown up but an online petition is not likely to do anything more than damage relationships and cause further problems. When you go to the school play over the next three evenings look around the room. Look at the smiling faces of the children as they grow in confidence and build self-esteem. Look also at the staff who are there supporting them and encouraging them. They are doing that in their own time, without extra pay because they are totally committed to the education of our children. I for one am grateful for that and therefore any complaint I have with the school will be addressed privately with the headteacher.

Replies

#16 I'm guessing this is from one of the Governers that has made this very rash descision. Re:

2014-07-02 11:24:18

#17 Re: School finishing at 3.15pm

2014-07-02 11:25:52