Parents Opposed to the proposed 1515 finish

Quoted post

#17 Re: School finishing at 3.15pm

2014-07-02 11:25

Replies

#18 Re: Re: School finishing at 3.15pm

2014-07-02 11:50:24

#17: - Re: School finishing at 3.15pm Why if the school is so Outstanding are they wanting to change something that is not broke.... It is also down to a handful of parents coming in and helping out with book reading, cooking and other activities that free up the teachers to get on with teaching. I know alot of other school dont have that support from parents, I'm already hearing alot of negative reaction to the very quick public desicion to change the finishing time. At least 80% or more of the parents are working and this will affect them getting back to school or making other childcare provision for September, especially when most of the Childminder places are now full. With the increase of child obesity, isnt taking away the afternoon break more damaging to the child, not to go and have a run around. Most children I have spoken to are very upset with having this taken away from them, they feel they are being punished. I do think this is a done deal and we are wasting our

time and efforts, but a parent/carers meeting with the decision makers is a must... I will also like to say that a couple of times a week I will not be able to get to school untill 3.25, will the kids then be left to roam around the school playground untill I get there be rain or shine?