Derriford Hospital Car Parking

Quoted post

stop and think of real reason

#163 car park

2014-03-10 18:30

As it's true we haven't had a pay increase and derriford is asking it staff to pay more may i remind people of bircham car park has a mini bus to bring staff to work which derriford has to pay. The George park and ride pr3 is running every 20 minutes why coz derriford has stop payment towards it running every ten minutes now as for those of you saying you don't have the money for this just remember there are staff who are on band one that's £15000 a year before tax as for getting in you can always get drop in or maybe car share there the bus or walk in yes i know what your going to say but these are other ways in or do what I do ride a push bike in now I know you all can't do anything like this but remember the cost for your parking just a idea from a band one member of staff in derriford hospital.

Replies

#170 Re: car park

2014-03-10 22:04:54

#176 Re: car park

2014-03-11 10:15:55

#163: stop and think of real reason - car park

You don't seem to have grasped the main issues here.  Firstly they are doing away with Bircham park and ride so that is not an option.  Secondly, using the George park and Ride is not an option for some because driving 2 miles PAST work and then waiting in the traffic to get back to Derriford (becasue there is no Bus lane) can take up to 45 minutes.  The surrounding infrastructure can not support this ill-thought-out excuse for a parking solution.  And to add insult to injury, rather than reducing the charges to accomodate this inconvenience, they are charging £49 per month for it.

Moreover, many staff are working parents and have to do the school run beforehand, so walking/cycling or leaving earlier is not an option.