Action against Whitburn Health Clinic

Quoted post

2013-11-20 10:06

I am disgusted at this page as a health professional no one see's or knows the pressures doctors are under there is a certain standard of care that should be expected and off course we should not be accepting of certain things especially when it comes to our health children and families. Whitburn is an area of depravation as stated by the Scottish Executive so you can imagine on a daily basis what social classes and issues they deal with and the violence and aggression they are subjected too. Mistakes are not acceptable though they are under strict governence and guidance and budgets. They work with the tools they are given and we are lucky to have primary care. I suggest you change surgery if its so bad or go private. Before anyone goes on about this happened that happened I do have been at the receiving end if stuff at GP's and hospitals though rather than do this I choose to understand and empathsize and work with the doctors. Anytime I go in its drug addicts people who have not worked a day in their life's, people wanting sick lines and antibiotics when that have a sniffle. This page disgusts me.

Replies

#30 Re:

2013-11-20 13:18:04

#27: -  

Action that needs to be taken. The plan is to have staff & doctors get training to deal with situations that need a bit more empathy. To have a better appointment system. Better ways of dealing with complains. More Doctors employed at this surgery. A better surgery for all, the people of this town & for the staff. I can imagine some of the situations that they find themselves in, simply because they have their hands tied & cannot help someone. As far as moving to another surgery!!!! Why should we, why should decent hard working people who do need help because they are genuinely ill, be subjected to unfair treatment by a so called health professional. This is not a personal dig at any of the staff/doctors, nor is this a witch hunt. Some staff at the surgery, will go that extra mile for you & they should not have that taken away from them. This is petition that will be taken to local councillors & will be taken higher if need be. We need to have a surgery that we have faith in & unfortunately this is clearly not the case listening to everyone.

#35 Re:

2013-11-20 21:14:25

#27: - your comment disgusts me. For you, as a health professional, to say that it is acceptable to be insulted and misdiagnosed by your gp whom your supposed to trust is appauling. Have you read the comments? This page is open for a reason.

I. R of Whitburn

#44 Re:

2013-12-04 16:18:20

While most of us understand the pressures our G.Ps face on a daily basis I think it's important that people are given the opportunity to air their grievances. The people of Whitburn have long been unhappy with the service from SOME of the doctors appointed at Whitburn surgery. I very rarely come across anyone who has anyone nice to say about any of them (apart from Dr Liam Brown who is praised quite frequently).

GPs are paid handsomely to look after our health and the people of Whitburn have a right to complain. Your 'disgust' doesn't change that. For good or bad, now that most people have access to the internet, this is the forum most people choose now to get their point across.

Poor and broken

#50 Re: For 'health professional' (#27) above to consider ...........

2014-06-10 22:13:23

If you are disgusted it may be because you have not suffered from the unprofessional behaviour of Doctor Kerr or his 'full of his own importance' Practice Manager.  You have no idea how much it hurts and how humiliating it is to be brutalized for just being ill and in need of help.  Harsh, cruel, judgemental and bad, to say the least.  No compassion, no understanding and snide remarks followed by criticism +++++++++++.  One day they'll need mercy and I hope they get it - not like what they have meted out to us.  I thought they were supposed to 'Do no harm.'

If you are poor expect to be treated like dirt, as you surely wil, and you won't be disappointed. You are treated like an inanimate object - except inanimate objects aren't human and they don't feel pain or suffer mercilessly at the hands of these inhumane people of power.

Can you imagine what it is like being terrified to go in to see Doctor Kerr knowing that he'll just insult and belittle you yet you have no other option - see him or wait four weeks for a more reasonable doctor to see you.  It's like being trapped. You feel really sick afterwards and are just glad 'it is over - until the next painful appointment.'  People who can choose to move away are lucky.

Harsh words hurt as much as physical pain.  They'll pay for it sooner or later even though they think they've got off 'Scot free.'

I asked for help and, metaphorically speaking, I was kicked in the teeth.  Enough's enough.

dr1965

#56 Re:

2015-02-08 21:09:16

im sorry im a fellow health professional and having recently moved to Whitburn I can say the the doctors at the Whitburn practise are at best unprofessional. From what i have heard and comments seen the female doctors are ok but the male doctors at the practise are ancient in their theories and advice given is impractical at best.

Anonymous

#57 Re: #27

2015-04-03 22:32:53

I totally agree with what you say I also think this petition has got out of control and there is a lot of people moaning just for the sake of it

#65 Re:

2019-07-08 04:00:06

Manners don't cost money thought and doctors are rude some doctors there are a disgrace to the nhs