Action against Whitburn Health Clinic

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Action against Whitburn Health Clinic.

Anonymous

2013-11-18 23:22

About time !!!!

2013-11-18 23:34

I really hope this does something to help!!!

2013-11-19 00:15

Receptionist think they are god, never mind the doctors!

2013-11-19 02:15

Attitude of staff from the reception to some of the doctors is appalling. Ignorant and rude!!!!!

2013-11-19 08:07

Was recently diagnosed with cancer went too whitburn health clinic with swollen abdomen and sent home with anti sickness tablets even after them knowing i had hodgkins lymphoma 4 yrs before,had too eventually go too western general and diagnosed a week later,whitburn health centre is a joke and now deal with western general because a have lost faith in local Doctors

#6 Lack of Professionalism

2013-11-19 08:07

After my gran was diagnosed with terminal cancer she received a visit from Dr Mooney to discuss her care going forward. He came completely unprepared and was unfamiliar with her case history and showed a complete lack of compassion, this only added to out distress in what was already a hugely stessful situation. I have to add however, that the care and information we received from the District Nurses was exceptional.

2013-11-19 08:49

A week after my brother died i was advised by my work to take some time off i went to doctor kerr for some help sleeping and dealing with what had happened. He told me to stop using my brothers death as an excuse to get time off work!!
Receptionists think they are doctors too and they are never happy.
Something has to be done!!!!

2013-11-19 09:05

Really hoping this makes a difference its went on long enough.

2013-11-19 09:25

please sign the petition people its a disgrace they way they speak to people in person and on the phone

2013-11-19 09:49

I have lived in this town for more than 40 years. to be honest i have experienced worse times along there but that does not mean i am happy with the way the surgery is working. this petition is long over due. my guess is people have died due to the disgraceful standard of most aspects of this surgery. it starts at the reception continues into some of the doctors and finishes at the pharmacy. we feel treated worse than cattle. most of the time.

2013-11-19 09:53

I agree most of the doctors r a disgrace and should learn to respect ppl

2013-11-19 10:31

Hope this works. I was told it didn't matter if I was having a miscarriage by Doctor Kerr because he was still a feotus and it didn't really matter. No wonder I self cure

2013-11-19 10:37

My daughter, who had been viciously attacked 2yrs previously & was suffering from anxiety & panic attacks. Was told by Dr Tollner, "That she would end up pregnant & in the gutter like the rest of the girls in this town" also she was just being a drama queen, basically!!!
Yeah that's the support of your local GP. Instead of helping a young girl who clearly had been effected by a horrendous assault. After complaining, a written apology was issued by the Doctor.
To little to late.

2013-11-19 10:59

the parking is bad,the doctors dont even have a space,needs to be made bigger,and space's for doctors made

2013-11-19 11:08

Whitburn....the doctor's graveyard! Took me over 5 YEARS to get an endoscopy organised...courtesy of new doctor in Fauldhouse! I was warned when we moved to Whitburn 10 years ago that their docs were a joke...it's about time they were given a GOOD roasting!!

2013-11-19 11:11

Had severe pains in my stomach and heavy bleeding was given paracetemal from Dr Kerr. Hour Later ended up in hospital with ectopic pregnancy and 2 misscarriages. I lost triplets.

2013-11-19 16:42

Kerr is still there? Oh my God, that man is a butcher. He mis-diagnosed my osgood-schlaters disease as growing pains. Deformed kneecaps don't do much for my fitness I can tell you.

2013-11-19 17:53

I WENT FROM MY PLACE OF WORK,CAUSE I HAD SEVERE PAIN IN MY EYE ,IHAD THIS FOR 2 DAYS,IT WAS EXCRUCIATING,I ASKED FOR AN URGENT APPOINTMENT.MY EYE WAS BY THIS TIME VERY BLOODSHOT AND SWOLLEN.I WAS TOLD MY NEAREST APPOINTMENT WOULD BE NEARLY 3 WEEKS LATER ,I PLEADED WITH STAFF BUT THEY TOLD ME IWOULD HAVE 2 WAIT 3 WEEKS FOR AN APPOINTMENT EVEN ALTHOUGH THE RECEPTIONIST COULD SEE I WAS IN GREAT PAIN AND DISCOMFORT,I TOOK A CHANCE AND WENT 2 THE OPTICIANS CM ASSOCIATES EVEN ALTHOUGH THEY WERE BUSY THEY EXAMINED MY EYE AND REMOVED A FOREIGN OBJECT STUCK IN MY EYEBALL AND GAVE ME EYEDROPS.I AM STILL VERY ANGRY THE WAY I WAS TREATED BY THE STAFF AT WHITBURN SURGERY.
Robyn

2013-11-19 18:06

Of the doctors there I've see, I've only seen 2 doctors who've actually genuinely tried to help, Dr Liam Browne, and Dr Hutcheson. The other ones I've been to have been atrocious and I won't be going back to see them. Even the receptionists have only rarely been nice. The pharmacy people have always been lovely though. Hopefully the attitude towards the patients can change!

#20 The Fawlty Towers of the NHS........

2013-11-19 19:27

The doctors in general are disappointing but then that's nothing new, as that's been the case in Whitburn for as long as I can remember, but Dr. Toelner takes incompetence, if not downright idiocy, to a whole new level.
And Dr. Kerr? In a word : ignoramus.
As for the counter staff, they are significantly better than they used to be but they are still well short of what should be deemed acceptable. If any of them were to get a job at the reception of a business in the private sector they wouldn't last too long.
It doesn't need to be that way as people in neighbouring towns and villages seem to be much more satisfied with their service (but that is just in my experience). If it can be done elsewhere then why has Whitburn been so bad for so long.
The whole place needs to be reviewed from top to bottom.

2013-11-19 20:47

Very poor service and care shown by the staff surely the NHS has to look at the way their staff act towards the ill and needy.

2013-11-19 21:44

I really do hope this petition makes a difference, the whole place needs a shake up. The reception staff manners are ridiculous, also the pharmacy staff had an elderly lady in tears one day - shouting at her over a prescription she had forgotten was in her bag. I thought people working in these roles would at least show care and compassion, but definately not in Whitburn.

2013-11-19 23:47

whitburn health centre is a complete joke my son got given the wrong inhalers the result he ended up really ill in hospital on a nebulizer and steriods resulted in a sorry letter from doctor, i had an appointment with kerr and i took my son with me he told to shut my child up or he couldnt see me, shocking treatment there by doctors and reception staff,
I have to add tho sharon the nurse is amazing she helps with everything she can, what a total amazing lady she deserves a medal with working in a work place like that.thanks sharon :)

hope this helps to kick these doctors/receptionist back into practice!!!!!

2013-11-20 00:15

Write a comment...about time surgery is an absolute joke only 2 doctors worth seeing are Dr L Browne and Dr Hutchinson I gave had problems on and off for nearly15 years and after seeing Dr Hutchinson was referred and have now got a diagnosis.dr Kerr is the worst wouldn't even class him as a gp he isn't interested in his patients

#25 Purpose

2013-11-20 00:35

Just a note to say that the petition should really have a purpose and should set out what it aims to achieve. I.e - clearly stating what the issues are and what/how they should be resolved. Otherwise no action will be taken.