Action against Whitburn Health Clinic

Poor and broken

/ #50 Re: For 'health professional' (#27) above to consider ...........

2014-06-10 22:13

#27: -

If you are disgusted it may be because you have not suffered from the unprofessional behaviour of Doctor Kerr or his 'full of his own importance' Practice Manager.  You have no idea how much it hurts and how humiliating it is to be brutalized for just being ill and in need of help.  Harsh, cruel, judgemental and bad, to say the least.  No compassion, no understanding and snide remarks followed by criticism +++++++++++.  One day they'll need mercy and I hope they get it - not like what they have meted out to us.  I thought they were supposed to 'Do no harm.'

If you are poor expect to be treated like dirt, as you surely wil, and you won't be disappointed. You are treated like an inanimate object - except inanimate objects aren't human and they don't feel pain or suffer mercilessly at the hands of these inhumane people of power.

Can you imagine what it is like being terrified to go in to see Doctor Kerr knowing that he'll just insult and belittle you yet you have no other option - see him or wait four weeks for a more reasonable doctor to see you.  It's like being trapped. You feel really sick afterwards and are just glad 'it is over - until the next painful appointment.'  People who can choose to move away are lucky.

Harsh words hurt as much as physical pain.  They'll pay for it sooner or later even though they think they've got off 'Scot free.'

I asked for help and, metaphorically speaking, I was kicked in the teeth.  Enough's enough.