Say no to stalybridge mosque

Quoted post

2013-10-21 15:48

The planning application of this building states it is to be used as a multi faith community centre, I can not see the need for such and very much doubt it will be used as this as we already have plenty of churches that have room for community use/hire, it is also within a stones throw of the council run civic hall which was the old market hall which is there for community use/hire. Allowing this planning application through would, in my own opinion, be a bad decision. The building is on a very busy road which is already pushed to it's limits at key times throughout the day, there are also schools nearby. Allowing this planning application will only add to the problem. Also I see that on the website of the applicants Is wanting it to be an education centre, understanding Islam, how is this multi faith?? And also if this centre is allowed to go ahead, the council is allowing the Muslim community to segregate themselves from local communities again, there are already plenty of schools in the area. I totally object to this application.

Replies

#57 Re:

2013-10-21 18:54:06

#11: -

Although they always say it will be multifaith, i doubt any other faith other than Islam will be allowed...

Trevor

#181 Re:

2013-10-23 19:38:36

#11: -

100% agree with this post