Dear Government - Gareth Cliff's Letter To The South African Government

Nathan

/ #70 Does it really matter

2010-10-28 17:02

Firstly I just need to say well done to Gareth for telling it like it is, well a small portion of how it is. I fully support what he has written and I signed this petition the minute I saw that it was open. My main worry is that does it really matter. I believe strongly in what Gareth has put down in black and white, but does anyone really believe for a minute that the government will do anything about it. They might read the letter once or twice, but knowing this government they will more than likely say that it is a racist letter written by a racist white. That seems to be their normal stand point. I so wish this was not the case, but the government is run by old school people and their beliefs and values are set in stone and will not change. Until the youth of today, and I am not talking about the fat idiot who thinks he runs the country, and from the way the ANC never seem to put him in his place, maybe he does run the country in a way. No I'm talking about the true youth, who actually care about this country and know that this country could be so much better than it really is. Until they stand up and be counted, there is not much more we can do but wait.

Maybe it is just a waiting game that we have to play now. This country has such great potential and we have the ability to be a powerful nation, intellectually. I cant wait to read the response from government to Gareth's letter. I just think I might die of old age first.

Anyway I really hope some good comes out of this. We as South Africans must stand up and be noticed. We must never forget that government works for us, NOT the other way around. It was votes that got them into power it will be votes that get them out. I also hope that when the ANC are finally removed from power they go quietly, as they might decide to turn violent as they have had power for to long now and they wont believe it when it happens.

Long live this beautiful country of OURS, each and every South African.